Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 13, 2009, 2:06 PM   #31

Default Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
BH or adorama, buy online both has excellent customer service, and no sale tax if you are out of NYS. I have dealt with adorama allot, and have had excellent service,
Thanks for being a great Adorama Camera customer, but please don't hesitate to email me directly if you ever need after-sales support or advice.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
Thanks for being a great Adorama Camera customer, but please don't hesitate to email me directly if you ever need after-sales support or advice.
Thanks to Ari and Simon in the show room answering so may question when I was hunting for the right camera. I believe I got the best one for my needs.

Last edited by shoturtle; Dec 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:06 PM   #33

I miss NYC terribly!
virginiag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:10 PM   #34

were you orginally a native of NYC?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:20 PM   #35

No but I lived there for many moons and it has always felt like home. I won't say where I am now, but it does not feel like home, nor will I ever consider it home.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:16 AM   #36

virginiag2-

Well, you can always be a New Yorker at heart, no matter where you may be located. How about your camera decision? Have you gone to a good camera shop and physically handled the Nikon D-5000, the Nikon D-90 and the Olympus E-620 cameras?

How a camera really feel in hand is very important. You should also check to ascertain that the control placement is comfortable for your hand span and that you can easily reach all of the needed controls.

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:57 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiag2 View Post
No but I lived there for many moons and it has always felt like home. I won't say where I am now, but it does not feel like home, nor will I ever consider it home.
I am a native, I have left for many suns, but the city always pulls me back in. The city wears on you with all the hustles and bustles. I am waiting to ex patriot myself again.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 1:03 PM   #38

It does wear you down, but I love the hustle and bustle. I also love going out at any hour you want! I miss that. The walkability of it is wonderful. What can I say? I lived in upstate (loved), LI (didn't like), and the city(loved mucho).

Wear are you now?

Sarah, I found a shop that had the e-620. It is my least favorite shop. I am not feeling well, but when I feel a little better, I will go there and hold it. I want to hold them all and shoot with them, but will have to go to two different stores. I refuse to spend much time at the one store. Long story.

The other store knows more about Nikons and cameras themselves. I trust them more.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 1:07 PM   #39

Sarah,
Button placement has been a big concern. Also I have small hands so span is important to me. I did not like the Canon XT that I tested awhile back. I hate stopping and finding buttons! I want them in east reach. If I had a magic lantern. I would choose the D300s! I can't afford it, though. I love the button on it. I have tested it.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:04 PM   #40

virginiag2-

You can see what I mean about the importance of physically handling these camera, then. I too have small hands, and a good camera fit is essential to me.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote