Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 18, 2009, 6:09 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Another point, don't forget that it isn't only how well the camera performs at certain settings but in what conditions you have to use those settings..... so actually the lens will have an affect too.

A fast prime will allow you to use much lower/less noisy settings than the lens on the FZ-35, or you have the options for many f2.8 lenses etc.

This is the advantage of having a system with interchangeable lenses.

I realise the OP isn't planning to change lenses but getting a good lens at the start will give a great package.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2009, 6:21 PM   #12

Thank you all for the input. At this point I am going to read the reviews in further detail, and visit a shop that carries these plus more.

I'll post back up with my findings. The ONLY reason at this point why I would not choose the GF1 would be if I find that the double price of the LX3 is not worth the added image benefit.
pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2009, 4:13 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnut View Post
Thank you all for the input. At this point I am going to read the reviews in further detail, and visit a shop that carries these plus more.

I'll post back up with my findings. The ONLY reason at this point why I would not choose the GF1 would be if I find that the double price of the LX3 is not worth the added image benefit.
I think that is very wise and sure you will like the camera. Going to the larger 620 isn't going to help you out majorly so I agree 100% with your decision.

Happy shopping
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote