Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Closed Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:10 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Henry,
Let me publicly appologize for allowing this to escalate into personal comments. I am sorry for that. It does no one any good. I would sincerely prefer the discussion to return to pricing. Again, sorry for a poor choice in words on my part. I shall try harder to keep my posts less personal and stick to the issue at hand - pricing practices.
Apology accepted. Thank you.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:12 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenWHowell76 View Post
According to Best Buy's Return policy, they will charge a restocking fee of 15% if I return the XS.
Unfortunately things like this make comparison shopping difficult for even the most seasoned among us. Between inflated s&h rates, restock fees hidden in fine print and other issues, it takes a canny shopper to know when he or she is being well served and when not.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:19 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryp View Post
Unfortunately things like this make comparison shopping difficult for even the most seasoned among us. Between inflated s&h rates, restock fees hidden in fine print and other issues, it takes a canny shopper to know when he or she is being well served and when not.
Henry - which brings us back to the purpose of this thread. Can you please address why the kit price created by B&H is $60 more expensive than the individual items are. If a shopper were able to apply the $200 rebate to the individual items at B&H they could buy them for $825. But your kit price with the rebate is priced at $885. Thank you for addressing this question.

John

edit - sorry corrected the kit price to 885
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:30 PM   #74

Quote:
edit - sorry corrected the kit price to 885
I am unable to identify any T1i or XSi kit whose price is 885.00.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:50 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryp View Post
I am unable to identify any T1i or XSi kit whose price is 885.00.
Henry - the price is now $825 when added to cart. Is it possible you're not being kept in the loop when prices are being changed? When I pull up the history in my browser to this morning when I had the item in my cart there is now a message displayed saying the item has been removed from my cart as it is no longer available.

I'm glad to see, B&H has decided to fully honor the rebate. I'm sorry B&H has made no statements addressing why customers were being overcharged in the first place.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:58 PM   #76

I don't know about anyone else, but between this thread and a similar one on another forum, I've changed my opinion about a couple of camera retailers. It's one thing to make an honest mistake, or to be unaware of a certain situation. When people start concocting fairy tales to justify questionable practices...

I'll leave it at that...

the Hun
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:16 PM   #77

Quote:
Is it possible you're not being kept in the loop when prices are being changed?
You're sooo funny. I knew about it before it happened because I was in the meeting with our buyers where the decision was made. I know just about everything I need to do do my job and it seems I know more about what I know than you do, with all your surmising and guesswork and hyperbole.
Have a nice new year. Bye.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:21 PM   #78

I'm in the market for a canon and B&H is one of the store names that keep coming up. After reading this thread I'll take my money elsewhere. Henry has been vague in his explanations at best. It seems to me B&h wanted to make a little extra profit. That's fine, just say so instead of beating around the bush.

ETA: In Henry's defense it seems a lot of places are doing what they did.

Last edited by gman1987; Dec 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:22 PM   #79

Default I don't get it

Quote:

I'm glad to see, B&H has decided to fully honor the rebate. I'm sorry B&H has made no statements addressing why customers were being overcharged in the first place.
I've done a fair amount of business with B&H and I consider them to be a great place to shop.

Are they always cheapest?

No.

Do I always buy from them?

No.

I don't get the whole thread. If you don't like the price, don't buy from them. If you think they are out to screw you or don't like their policies, never buy again. I could care less. Its a free world.

I have my list of reputable suppliers and B&H is certainly on that list. In fact, if they are close in price, I'll choose them. If I think its a better deal elsewhere and that other place is a place I trust, they loose my business on that transaction.

Shop and compare folks. Get peoples opinions on who is good to buy from and restrict yourself to the good guys. Simple!

The sour grapes are not great for the forum.

Greg

Last edited by fldspringer; Dec 29, 2009 at 8:29 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:37 PM   #80

Greg,

Very true, buyers need to do their research first when buying. I got my t1i back in june. I did a fair amount of research and got my t1i with the 2 lens for 925 which was an awesome price for that time, it was better then amazon's best price. If you want to find the best price it is up to you to find it.

Closed Thread