Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 27, 2009, 6:51 PM   #31

Nech-

You will only need a huge card if you are going to a lot of Videos. I use 512mb cards all the time for normal shooting. Class 6 cards are used for heavy duty video recording only. I think that you can very safely use the cards that you already own.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 7:01 PM   #32

thanks again
nech770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:52 AM   #33

I'm in a similar boat. However, I am very impressed by the Canon Powershot CX120 and the Sony Cybershot DSC H20. Neither is a true wide angle -- both start at 35 mm, but they offer many other good features and have high ratings.
dan d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:05 AM   #34

dan-

Welcome to the Forum. We're please you dropped by.

The Canon SX-120 and the Sony H-20 are part of the compact zoom class. Both are good to very good cameras, but you quickly discover that the Sony H-20 offers a better feature set with 10X optical zoom, the best automatic and built-in flash unit in class, the ability to take HD video and to zoom while filming, all contained in a very compact camera body.

If I had to make a choice between the two cameras, I would opt for the Sony H-20 camera. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:17 PM   #35

So I thought I made a decision on the fuji and the guy in the store told me he totally would not recommend it and I should go with the canon.... I don't know.... he told me that the canon does optical video zoom - you just need to download a CHDK program ..... this looks like a hack to me... allows optical video zoom, raw mode and a bunch of other things... what do you think?
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_...DK_in_the_card it is making the canon look more attractive... I don't know anymore....

Last edited by nech770; Dec 28, 2009 at 4:22 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 6:17 PM   #36

Hi there, Nech-

Yes, I am very aware of the CHDK hack. Some folks like it a lot, but they are in the minority. I looked at it and passed on it. All I can tell you is that I much prefer the Fuji EXR system, as it works very well indeed.

I think highly enough of the EXR system that I just spent $(US)400.00 purchasing a Fuji S-200EXR camera. i can do nothing more than to share that with you, and to add the note that the final decision is up to you.

I have attached a photo taken without flash in our great room of my husband, Bradley, yesterday with my F-70EXR. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce

P.S. Is it just me, I wonder? I always suspect camera salesmen of having ulterior motives.
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Dec 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM. Reason: To add photo
Old Dec 28, 2009, 6:25 PM   #37

I also wonder if the camera salesman had some sort of motive... I know if they are on commission you can't always trust... I just wish I could see the 2 side by side.. every store I go to either has one or the other working but never both.. one is always out of battery...
I do think I should stick with my initial gut reaction which was go with the F70 as I often do take indoor pics.
Thanks again for all your advice.. btw where is the pic you said you attached?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:05 PM   #38

nech-

I just went back and re-attached the photo. 'Sorry about that!

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:19 PM   #39

thanks