Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:47 AM   #11

Done that! Eats them as well . It is really bad !!
AuTaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:52 AM   #12
Administrator

OK.

You'll have to decide if you want to switch to a smaller model like the Panasonic . It seems to be a nice little camera. I'd try it in a store and see how you like it, keeping in mind that the viewfinder is optional. I'd make sure it's got the lenses available you want to use on it, too.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:57 AM   #13

Thanks Jim. I am off to the shops at the weekend to check out the Sony A230, Panasonic G1 and a small Panasonic like the T7. Will keep you posted ! Thank you both for your help!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:39 AM   #14

AuTaB,

Your A235 is rated for 450 pictures per charge with 2700 mAh NiMH batteries (CIPA Std.), which is excellent for a two AA cam. Perhaps your batteries or your charger are defective...or do you think 450 pics per charge is poor?

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:08 AM   #15

It's never done 100 let alone 450!! New NiMH batteries as well as old .. off to get one with a rechargeable battery!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:12 AM   #16

Just out of curiosity, what brand and capacity NiMH batteries did you try? And how about the charger? Most of the problems I've seen with NiMH batteries are due to improper use (e.g., not charging before use, only partially charging, attempting to charge defective batteries) or "I just bought this great battery charger and 24 batteries on ebay for $5.00, and since my camera isn't working right, it must be the camera" mentality.

In some rare cases, it could just be the camera. In which case, it should be repaired under warranty.

the Hun

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 9:23 AM   #17

AuTaB-

I am also a Sony A-200 user. I really love the camera. However, I did find the Sony 18-70mm lens limiting. After I purchased the Sony 55-200mm lens for around $100.00, I found that I could so so much more with the camera. Literally it was like having a new camera. I got much more use out of the A-200.

I also received a Fuji F-70EXR for Christmas. That is just perfect for those times when it is impractical to carry the A-200. The F-70 EXR has a great numerically high ISO capability that I really like as well. Here is a no flash F-70EXR photo sample.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:37 AM   #18

Uniross - used them before with previous camera years ago. Bought new set with charger. Work fine on other battery camera in family - just not mine. Have tried another camera same as mine as mother has one - rubbish on them as well.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
AuTaB-

I am also a Sony A-200 user. I really love the camera. However, I did find the Sony 18-70mm lens limiting. After I purchased the Sony 55-200mm lens for around $100.00, I found that I could so so much more with the camera. Literally it was like having a new camera. I got much more use out of the A-200.

I also received a Fuji F-70EXR for Christmas. That is just perfect for those times when it is impractical to carry the A-200. The F-70 EXR has a great numerically high ISO capability that I really like as well. Here is a no flash F-70EXR photo sample.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks MT climber for your reply - great shot I must say! Had a look at the Fuji - looks a good camera. May take your advice and buy new lens for SOny - think I will stick with what I know!!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:58 AM   #20

AuTaB-

A Sony 55-200mm lens surely is worth a look. It really expanded my capability with the A-200 a great deal. It put fun back into my A-200.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote