Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:13 PM   #111
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbords View Post
Good idea. I know they sell the 50mm as I saw it in the display case for about $110. I may take that for a test drive next week too.

I can honestly say that this forum was invaluable in the decision making process. I came in looking at one model that I thought would be a good fit, and ended up deciding on something completely different that I never even considered prior.
i am glad this forum could be of help. stick around after your purchase, we like to think we can be helpful then as well
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:14 PM   #112

Quote:
I can honestly say that this forum was invaluable in the decision making process. I came in looking at one model that I thought would be a good fit, and ended up deciding on something completely different that I never even considered prior.
QFT. The model I ended up with was my "million dreams wish", but I ultimately chose it over the model I was really ready to purchase due to the advice of the wonderful forum inhabitants here. (It helped that the holiday sales pricing put my "wish" camera into my "budget" camera shortlist.) I had asked a similar question on another forum and received far less than helpful replies. At Steve's, my questions were patiently answered by posters who have probably answered the very same questions hundreds of times before, but they didn't resort to the jaded forumite response of "Use the Search function". Two thumbs up, 10.0's across the board for Steve's and its posting community.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:46 PM   #113

cant agree more. I've been involved with a lot of forums and the typical response to threads like this are references to other similar posts. For a topic like this one, i think every case is different, and it's very reassuring to have veterans in the field be patient enough to reformulate responses given several times before in order to address the specific needs of the folks here. Kudos to you all. I'll definately be sticking around.
fbords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:17 PM   #114

I've had my T1i for a few days now, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. Though not fantastic, the auto settings are far better than a lot of the photos I got with my P90. The ergonomics are pretty close to perfect for me as most controls feel like they are where they ought to be. The AF on the 18-55mm and 55-250mm lenses are pretty darn fast too. Not to mention, for what I need, the range is great. With some help from the folks here, I've gotten some results that were far better than I had expected after less than a week of shooting with it. I personally can't wait until the weather clears up a bit so I can get some outdoor stuff under my belt.

When I started this thread, I wasn't even considering this camera. Given the advice of some of the members, I opened my eyes to a few new possibilties, found some promotions I didnt even know were available, and dare I say it, found the perfect camera for my needs. Thanks again.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:56 PM   #115

Glad you are enjoying the camera, hope to see some of your shot post soon.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:25 PM   #116

Here's a couple I posted to the "Post your photos" section.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...made-mess.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/la...-backyard.html
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:42 PM   #117
Super Moderator

Quote:

congratulations on your purchase. and looks like you are off to a great start!
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote