Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:02 AM   #1

Default Best for indoor people pics, quality

I need to replace my Panasonic TZ1 due to flash problems. The panny takes fantastic indoor and outdoor pics, but the cam either takes an almost black pic or an almost white pic.

As of recently I tried out the Canon SD1200IS and the Fuji F72EXR. I returned both cameras due to the awful indoor picture quality. The Fuji has a slow LCD screen and too many settings. I have tried every setting and adjusting the ISO, but have not been successful and the pics look grainy. I have been considering the Fuji F100FD, but I read that the indoor low light quality is not good either.

My budget is up to $300 (maybe a little more). I need an easy camera for the wife to use.
My requirements are:
- A strong flash or an adjustable flash for indoor low light or no light pics.
- Easy auto adjustment settings
- Best quality for taking pictures of people
- No double A batteries
- SD card perferred
- Do not care about megapixels, macro, video, zoom... although stero microphone and more than 3 optical zoom would be nice.

I may be asking for too much for too little money, but I have exhausted all of my resources and need help. Thanks. Tim
Draftrnpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:13 AM   #2

draftrnpitt-

Welcome to the Forum. We're pleased you dropped by.

The Sony H-20 meets everyone of your specifications, except one. The H-20 has the best automatic mode and the best built-in flash in the compact zoom class of cameras. It does HD video, and you can zoom while filming.

However, the Sony H-20 camera uses a Memory Stick Pro duo as its card or flash memory and it does not have a wide angle position on its 10X optical zoom which extends from 38mm to 380mm, in 35mm terms.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:19 PM   #3

Sarah, thank you so much for your advice. I was staying away from Sony, but I will DEFINITELY look into them and will forget the memory type stick issue. I'm already googling for sample pics and reading reviews.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Super Moderator

The H20 is a good suggestion. and with the popularity of the PSP gaming system, the memory stick pro duo prices have really come down as they have become quite common.

in your price range, I don't really have a better suggestion. going up in price can add cameras like the s90 and g11, but thats a significant price increase.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:18 PM   #5

Hards80, very true what you say about the price range. Heck, I am lucky that the wife has agreed to go this high. Good value comes at a price.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:26 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftrnpitt View Post
Hards80, very true what you say about the price range. Heck, I am lucky that the wife has agreed to go this high. Good value comes at a price.
at your price point, as long as you can live without a wide-angle lens. the H20 should be a great indoor camera, offering good flash control.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote