Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:25 PM   #91

my1hd-

There is no reason to be scared. You have the photo editing program. You just have to learn how to use that Paint Shop Pro program. I have not used a PC in years, but I will try to barrow one and I will load that particular program, to see if I can sort out what might be the problem.

And might I make one request as we near 100 posts on this thread. It sure would be encouraging if we knew just your first name. This "my1hd" seems very impersonal as we are reaching out in a very personal way to customize this thread to target and answer your personal questions. Thanks in advance for that assistance.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:58 AM   #92

Hi, I'm is the same boat as you,

I have been a Canon user for some time and I am delighted with the results I have produced. I started with a PowerShot A70 some time ago and updated to a PowerShot A620 and in that time have taken around 10,000 photos.

I decided it was time to upgrade and after reading several reviews elected to go for an SX20is, I have had this now for two weeks and I am very disappointed, the results are not as good as my old 620, I have taken lots of shots at the minimum ISO and used all the options (Auto, Program, Portrait etc.).

I plan to return the camera next week (within the 30 day return period from Amazon) but still want to upgrade and still want Canon (brand loyalty etc.).

Do I have to go DSLR to achieve results as good as my old and trusty 620 or is there a later compact which will give me what want?

Please could anyone give me some advice.

Many thanks
Gerry67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:03 AM   #93

wait to see what is announced at PMA. If the rumors are true that the canon 550/600D is coming. You should be able to find very good deals on the canon XSi aka 450D. So your jump to a very good dslr will not be that expensive.

You many also want to check out the canon g11 if you want to stay with compact sized camera. It is a very good bridge camera, no video though.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:22 AM   #94

Shoturtle-

The poster might not want to go with a DSLR model camera. I also did not like the SX-20, so I purchased a SX-10 and have been very pleased with it. Alos with less zoom there is the Canon SX-200 which has received good reviews.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:42 AM   #95

very true, the sx200 is a very nice and compact camera. But I will still wait to see after PMA. If the rumors about the sx300 is correct. That would cause the sx200 to drop in price even more.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:47 PM   #96

Shoturtle-

I think that you are indeed correct. If a Canon SX-300 is introduced at PMA, that will cause the SX-200 camera prices to fall. Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce