Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:54 PM   #41

I do the same with technology related products. But I always regret it so I think next time I'll wait to build my next computer. The T1i has been out a while which is good.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:07 PM   #42
Administrator

Yep. The T1i is at a really nice price point right this minute compared to most of it's stronger competitors. I'm seeing a kit including the T1i and 18-55mm IS lens for as low as $719 now at some reputable vendors. Here's one example:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...u=CNDRT1IK1855

That's at a lower price point compared to some competing models like the Sony A500 and Nikon D5000 when you include an 18-55mm lens with them right this minute (although both of those models have a tilting LCD, lacking on the T1i, the T1i is stronger in some other areas). So, Canon appears to be taking a more aggressive stance in it's current pricing for under $1K dSLR models (at least for the time being, as competition is likely to "heat up" as time passes).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:10 PM   #43

Yeah I found that. As tempting as it is to order it, I'd have to put it on my credit card and make payments on it which I don't want to do. Or at least not more than 3 payments but I'm not sure if I can do that with my new work schedule.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:12 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarter View Post
I do the same with technology related products. But I always regret it so I think next time I'll wait to build my next computer. The T1i has been out a while which is good.
Yes it has been out since last june, but I think we will not see to much of change in the T1i's segment, you may see something to upgrade the 50D this year. And the big thing will be the m4/3 segment. I thing that will be the show stopper this year.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:13 PM   #45

What is the m4/3 segment?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:16 PM   #46

micro four thrid, it is another format uses in DSLR camera aka EVIL cameras, Panasonic, Leica, and Olympus are the big company using that format. Panasonic has the G1, Gf1 and GH1. Olympus has the the EP-1 and 2. Leica i will not even mention, their cameras are 4-6000 dollars in m4/3.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:17 PM   #47

Oh gotcha.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:20 PM   #48

They are smaller and more compact then the aps-c on the canon, nikon, sony and pentax. But since it is a smaller sensor, it does not perform as well in very low light without a flash. But ideal for traveling and you want lens option. That is what I am seriously considering augmenting my T1i with for my trips.