Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:50 PM   #31

Martin, please listen carefully!

That 23 foot flash range is on the Sony H-20 when using Auto ISO. That flash range does not apply to the flash on the FZ-35/38. The FZ-35/38 cannot take photos is dark pub, clubs, or bars without using flash. And then when flash is used on the FZ-35 the distance between camera a subject cannot be closer than 5 feet or 2.25 meters, nor exceed 12 feet or 3.5 meters.

Night photos taken with any camera need a stationary subject, and the camera on a sturdy tripod. That is why I mentioned that you may need a different camera if we now have very dark photo situations. The least light a FZ-35/38 can take photos without flash is in a well lighted Art Museum.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:53 AM   #32

sarah ..sorry to piss u off .. im a amateur plz understand..

btw just back with my PANASONCI FZ35 ..wow..
m trying it out .. i must say video quality very good ,as i own a panasonic hdd h80 and must say better than that quality!

once thing i see when i zoom from 15 to 18x my image on lcd comes blurred..

why can this be?? even if i slowly zoom!

and what is the best mode to keep the cam on..

thank u again and sorry
martin_paes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:00 AM   #33

Martin-

When you zoom with the camera, you must push the shutter release half way down to signal the camera to refocus at the new zoom setting. Enjoy your camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:56 PM   #34

oh thanks sarah!
im just enjoying my cam .. only problems with me understanding somethings..
like there is a scroll at the bottom middle of my screen when eva is try to clik a snap.. its like this.
2-----1----0-----1----2.in yellow
and the left side 2 is always highlighted..
read the manual but still doesnt seem to get it .. may be im a 1st time panasonic user .. or better cam user lol
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:29 PM   #35
Super Moderator

what mode are you shooting in?

it sounds like you have either accidently set your exposure compensation to -2 or you are in manual mode and underexposing the shot
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 2:21 PM   #36

Martin-

I agree with Dustin. It appears that you have accidentally activated the Exposure Compensation Menu, which is done by pressing the button at the 12 o'clock position on the 4 way controller.

An easy way to dismiss that menu is (1) firstly, insure that the indice is at the midway, O position. (2) then push the center button on the 4 way controller, which will dismiss the Exposure Compensation Menu.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:57 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
what mode are you shooting in?

it sounds like you have either accidently set your exposure compensation to -2 or you are in manual mode and underexposing the shot
yes im using it in M mode.. is it good?? then which mode should i use mostly..
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Martin-

I agree with Dustin. It appears that you have accidentally activated the Exposure Compensation Menu, which is done by pressing the button at the 12 o'clock position on the 4 way controller.

An easy way to dismiss that menu is (1) firstly, insure that the indice is at the midway, O position. (2) then push the center button on the 4 way controller, which will dismiss the Exposure Compensation Menu.

Sarah Joyce
sarah .im trying as u said in M mode but it aint happening.. should i reset the setting from the main menu??
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:31 PM   #39
Super Moderator

ok, so using the M-mode is the reason you are getting an underexposed photograph. in M-mode the camera is not going to meter the correct exposure. in this mode you have to pick the right exposure.

since you are new to this. i would suggest starting out in P-mode and letting the camera meter your scene for you. then you can use the exposure compensation (top button on 4 way controller) to increase or decrease your exposures if for a particular scene you are finding that the camera is missing the exposure.

from there you can learn to use the A and M modes as they are appropriate.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:03 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
ok, so using the M-mode is the reason you are getting an underexposed photograph. in M-mode the camera is not going to meter the correct exposure. in this mode you have to pick the right exposure.

since you are new to this. i would suggest starting out in P-mode and letting the camera meter your scene for you. then you can use the exposure compensation (top button on 4 way controller) to increase or decrease your exposures if for a particular scene you are finding that the camera is missing the exposure.

from there you can learn to use the A and M modes as they are appropriate.
thank u HARD80

i also se that i cant use digital zoom ia,P,S,A in MODE??
is there any site/thread where i can learn all this function on this site.so that i dont harrass u all with my amateur questions