Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:50 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
mtclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 18,143
Default

Martin, please listen carefully!

That 23 foot flash range is on the Sony H-20 when using Auto ISO. That flash range does not apply to the flash on the FZ-35/38. The FZ-35/38 cannot take photos is dark pub, clubs, or bars without using flash. And then when flash is used on the FZ-35 the distance between camera a subject cannot be closer than 5 feet or 2.25 meters, nor exceed 12 feet or 3.5 meters.

Night photos taken with any camera need a stationary subject, and the camera on a sturdy tripod. That is why I mentioned that you may need a different camera if we now have very dark photo situations. The least light a FZ-35/38 can take photos without flash is in a well lighted Art Museum.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:53 AM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Default

sarah ..sorry to piss u off .. im a amateur plz understand..

btw just back with my PANASONCI FZ35 ..wow..
m trying it out .. i must say video quality very good ,as i own a panasonic hdd h80 and must say better than that quality!

once thing i see when i zoom from 15 to 18x my image on lcd comes blurred..

why can this be?? even if i slowly zoom!

and what is the best mode to keep the cam on..

thank u again and sorry
martin_paes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:00 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
mtclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 18,143
Default

Martin-

When you zoom with the camera, you must push the shutter release half way down to signal the camera to refocus at the new zoom setting. Enjoy your camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:56 PM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Default

oh thanks sarah!
im just enjoying my cam .. only problems with me understanding somethings..
like there is a scroll at the bottom middle of my screen when eva is try to clik a snap.. its like this.
2-----1----0-----1----2.in yellow
and the left side 2 is always highlighted..
read the manual but still doesnt seem to get it .. may be im a 1st time panasonic user .. or better cam user lol
martin_paes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:29 PM   #35
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

what mode are you shooting in?

it sounds like you have either accidently set your exposure compensation to -2 or you are in manual mode and underexposing the shot
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 2:21 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
mtclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 18,143
Default

Martin-

I agree with Dustin. It appears that you have accidentally activated the Exposure Compensation Menu, which is done by pressing the button at the 12 o'clock position on the 4 way controller.

An easy way to dismiss that menu is (1) firstly, insure that the indice is at the midway, O position. (2) then push the center button on the 4 way controller, which will dismiss the Exposure Compensation Menu.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:57 PM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
what mode are you shooting in?

it sounds like you have either accidently set your exposure compensation to -2 or you are in manual mode and underexposing the shot
yes im using it in M mode.. is it good?? then which mode should i use mostly..
martin_paes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:58 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Martin-

I agree with Dustin. It appears that you have accidentally activated the Exposure Compensation Menu, which is done by pressing the button at the 12 o'clock position on the 4 way controller.

An easy way to dismiss that menu is (1) firstly, insure that the indice is at the midway, O position. (2) then push the center button on the 4 way controller, which will dismiss the Exposure Compensation Menu.

Sarah Joyce
sarah .im trying as u said in M mode but it aint happening.. should i reset the setting from the main menu??
martin_paes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:31 PM   #39
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

ok, so using the M-mode is the reason you are getting an underexposed photograph. in M-mode the camera is not going to meter the correct exposure. in this mode you have to pick the right exposure.

since you are new to this. i would suggest starting out in P-mode and letting the camera meter your scene for you. then you can use the exposure compensation (top button on 4 way controller) to increase or decrease your exposures if for a particular scene you are finding that the camera is missing the exposure.

from there you can learn to use the A and M modes as they are appropriate.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:03 AM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
ok, so using the M-mode is the reason you are getting an underexposed photograph. in M-mode the camera is not going to meter the correct exposure. in this mode you have to pick the right exposure.

since you are new to this. i would suggest starting out in P-mode and letting the camera meter your scene for you. then you can use the exposure compensation (top button on 4 way controller) to increase or decrease your exposures if for a particular scene you are finding that the camera is missing the exposure.

from there you can learn to use the A and M modes as they are appropriate.
thank u HARD80

i also se that i cant use digital zoom ia,P,S,A in MODE??
is there any site/thread where i can learn all this function on this site.so that i dont harrass u all with my amateur questions
martin_paes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:16 AM.