Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:34 PM   #11
Super Moderator

yes, indeed, splitting hairs here.

thats why i always advise potential buyers to head down to the local camera shop and give each camera a good run through. get an idea of which one's ergonomics you prefer, which button layout feels best for your hand, which menu system best fits with your logic, etc.

these types of things will contribute more to your satisfaction with the camera and system than splitting hairs over CA and sharpness in the kit lens. or which camera may or may not have more noise, etc.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:38 PM   #12

Why is everyone being so reasonable, did someone switch the internets I know with some kind of alternate-universe sane one? =)

Seriously though. Maybe I'm going overboard geeking out on the picture quality tech details... they are probably both great. My photographic incompetence will certainly impair me more than my camera in any case I'll go back to the store and play with them some more and see how they feel. I'll invest in better lenses if all goes well.

Last edited by daneeka; Feb 8, 2010 at 8:55 PM.
daneeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:13 PM   #13

Do you have any lenses from your Canon film SLR?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:21 PM   #14

I might have a 200mm Canon zoom that's at least 15 years old, I asked my parents to check at their place what shape its in Im sure it has a kit 18-55 mm or similar lens as well. I havent used that old film camera in at least 5 or 10 years but Ill bet its still usable . It was a decent camera in its day, which was probably the Carter administration. Those were the days - Michael Jackson was an actual person who walked the earth, E.T. used a rotary dial phone, and we stored our olive oil and unguents in big jars called "amphora" that sometimes sank with our triremes.

Last edited by daneeka; Feb 8, 2010 at 9:31 PM.
daneeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:24 PM   #15

If it was the old push pull ef 70-210mm zoom. It was a very good lens, and should work well on the T1i. That can save you some money vs getting the 2 kit lens with the ef-s 55-250mm zoom
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:30 PM   #16
Super Moderator

well if it was the Carter administration around 77-81? then it would be the older FD mount manual focus lenses and would not work on the current cameras.

the EOS system was introduced in 1987.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:33 PM   #17

Lenses that were not properly stored may suffer from etchings on the coatings from fungus. Hopefully yours survived unscathed.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote