Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:34 PM   #11

You took the words right out of my mouth hards
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
now that is a bad day.....
The one that got away... A part of me laughs and the other part keeps kicking me in the rear while blurting out one expletive after another... I am thinking one more beer ought to do the trick...
One mans sad moment; is another mans Kodak moment. The flash in the pan only lasts but so long... Adjust your focus to the shot you got... That pixel on the face of realities wave is you, ride with style, and when the other pixels greet you may it be with a smile, even if they are but laughing at you rather than with... joy is the flash in the pixels, be a Super Bowl to the stadium of pixels around you. OK I feel better now...
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:01 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
The one that got away... A part of me laughs and the other part keeps kicking me in the rear while blurting out one expletive after another... I am thinking one more beer ought to do the trick...
yea, a couple beers and the ratio of laughter to kicking will swing on over in your favor i think
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:18 AM   #14

Just tell yer self...it was a lousy camera anyways...LOL

As for a sympathetic ear from the manufacture, Sony might have been more sympathetic than Fiji...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:16 AM   #15

Jagsbch, sorry for your loss... just hope things sort themselves out. Welcome and all the best.

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:24 AM   #16

Stupid is as stupid does...

So I call Sony Style and Sony.com explain my delima and the response both times was please hold (while I pass this joke along) and then after waiting and waiting the response is sorry about your luck (Get a life and stop wasting our time ya loser)

One mans sad moment; is another mans Kodak moment. The flash in the pan only lasts but so long... Adjust your focus to the shot you got... That pixel on the face of realities wave is you, ride with style, and when the other pixels greet you may it be with a smile, even if they are but laughing at you rather than with... joy is the flash in the pixels, be a Super Bowl to the stadium of pixels around you. OK I feel better now...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:49 AM   #17
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I don't normally buy this kind of thing. But, you may want to look at what Sony offers for Accidental Damage coverage if you plan on buying another one, as it doesn't look like it adds much to the cost of a camera.

You can see the fine print about it here (and just click on the pricing tab to see pricing for it):

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...208&langId=-1#

I don't know if it only applies to cameras you purchase from sonystyle.com or not (I haven't used their coverage before).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:11 AM   #18

Good morning, Jagsbch-

No, I am sorry to say that the HDMI cable does not come with the camera. Sony sels the HDMI cable separetely.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:51 AM   #19

We have all heard the expression everything happens for a reason...

I think we can safely say the reason in this case is, I am an idiot...

But having spent day 2 doing my research on a digital camera, I am wondering if I would be doing myself a disservice by going with the Sony DCS-H20 when I could purchase the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 at a cheaper price from Amazon.

Reviews seem to be pretty good.

I was wondering does anyone know what the cons are of going from the Sony to the Panasonic?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:35 PM   #20

jagsbch-

My husband and I raised 8 children. I could easily see that happening to me, especially if I was in a hurry, with a cranky toddler. Please don't be so hard on yourself.

Is there any insurance, such as a home owner's policy that might cover the instance?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote