Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:29 PM   #1

Default Woes me...

I decided after browsing this forum to go and buy a Canon SX 120. So I went to best buy and this was a last minute buy for me, it happens to be my girl's birthday today.

Imagine that, they were all out, so I went ahead and bought the Sony DCS-H20. I was feeling good about it inspite sacrificing processor speed, The Sony made up for that in that it possessed the better lens along with the HD recording feature.

Well there I was, proud as can be as you can imagine, I was looking to buy the Canon SX300 but it did not have the telescopic range I wanted. This was perfect and the price was right, I bought it under $200. So there I am strutting out to the car, with my 2 month old who was all but ready to go and see momma in one hand and the camera in the other. I get to the car and put the camera on the roof to open the door and I buckle the little tike in and off we go...

The horror hits me like a ton of bricks I left the camera on the roof, UUUHHHGGGG. well when we go back I see my pride and joy in the midde of a 4 lane highway.

Last edited by Jagsbch; Feb 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:31 PM   #2

sorry for you lost, was the camera still working or was it a lost cause?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:39 PM   #3

jagsbch-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted you dropped by.

I am so glad to hear that you recovered the Sony H-20, it is a very good camera and you made a very good choice. You see, it was just meant to be that you would go back and recover the H-20. That is a good omen. Thanks for the good news.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:39 PM   #4

Box was smashed, I ran out into traffic thinking just maybe... I pick up the camera and get lit up... I dropped it, picked it up again and looked to see if the battery was still in it and it wasn't yet I get zapped again.

When I think about the processor in the camera it is as if I killed something. I am really bummed... We just got back from celebrating my girls birthday at the Cheesecake Factory and here it is 5 hours later and I am still really bummed out. Camera is toast~!!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:43 PM   #5

I am very sorry to hear that, jagsbch-

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:46 PM   #6

Hey sarah,
Thanks for your consolation. I have a question for ya.

You see I am planning on buying another Sony this weekend. I was wondering, did you wind up getting an HDMI adapter to play back your video in HD from Sony? Because box I had today only came with an RCA adapter.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:56 PM   #7

Default Call Sony customer service and maybe ... just maybe they will help.

I dropped a point and shoot camera on its lens and it broke ... not usable at all ... so I contacted the camera companies customer service (not Sony) and told them what happened ... and lo and behold they sent me a new camera .... even though I told them I had dropped it !!!! This is a true story believe it or not !

Miracles do happen ... so why not give it a try ?
dancingpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:13 PM   #8
Super Moderator

yea, it doesn't hurt to at least call. you may get a sympathetic ear, and there may be some leeway for the customer service, after all if they can earn your loyalty and you buy subsequent sony models, that is a bigger profit for them than 1 replaced camera.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:28 PM   #9

I actually went in to best buy customer service afterward and alas I felt even dummer than I did before going in... On the way out I just tossed my camera in thier trash can, its probably too late to call Sony now, I guess I managed to not only kill the camera but shoot myself in the foot as well at this point. LOL... Oh the hits just keep on coming...
One mans sad moment; is another mans Kodak moment. The flash in the pan only lasts but so long... Adjust your focus to the shot you got... That pixel on the face of realities wave is you, ride with style, and when the other pixels greet you may it be with a smile, even if they are but laughing at you rather than with... joy is the flash in the pixels, be a Super Bowl to the stadium of pixels around you. OK I feel better now...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:31 PM   #10
Super Moderator

now that is a bad day.....
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote