Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:03 PM   #1
wfo

Default Sx120 IS vs a1100 IS

I have searched this site for information before i decided to make this post, anyways i am simply looking for a digital camera for under $200 and get the most bang for my buck and get the best quality pictures possible. I just got overwhelmed with the options comparing cameras and just need some help deciding i have visited ebay and have found i can get either camera with some extras ( which is nice) question is there something else out there a better deal? iam kinda leaning toward the A1100 which i can get for $169.00 ( free freight) + batteries and charger, 8gb card, Sakar - Hi-Speed SD USB 2.0 Card Reader ,Carrying Case and a lens cleaning kit, any suggestions and thanks in advance for any help.
wfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:47 PM   #2

Default Under $(US) 200.00 Cameras

wfo

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

There are not too many quality cameras in the under $(US) 200.00 niche. In an effort to answer another post from this morning (20 Feb) I was doing more research, and came across the the Canon A-2000, which offers 6X optical zoom and it is an upgrade from the A-1100, at www.walmart.com for $(US)152.00. You probably saw that I also mentioned the Samsung SL-420, a 12mp 5X optical zoom camera that uses a proprietary lithium ion battery which is selling for around $(US)110.00.

Here is a sample photo from the SL-420.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:54 PM   #3
wfo

Thanks for the input just one question, the A1100 IS has 12.1 mp and the A-2000 IS has 10mp but the A-2000 has 6x vs the A-1100 4x, is the drop in MPs a big deal?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 2:49 PM   #4

wfo-

No, the drop in mp will not even be noticed in normal operations, while the 6X optical zoom will be very handy indeed. Also one correction: the www.walmart.com price is $(US)159.00, I just checked.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 20, 2010, 3:13 PM   #5
wfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
wfo-

No, the drop in mp will not even be noticed in normal operations, while the 6X optical zoom will be very handy indeed. Also one correction: the www.walmart.com price is $(US)159.00, I just checked.

Sarah Joyce

I just bought the A-2000 IS for 164.00 and got a 2gb card,case, card reader,lens cleaning kit and a tripod that should hold me for some time thanks for the input mtclimber
Old Feb 20, 2010, 3:16 PM   #6

Congratulations, wfo-

You got yourself very good deal and an excellent camera.

All the best.

Sarah Joyce