Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:59 PM   #11

I have to agree about Adorama, every now and then when I go to BH, their sales guys put way to much of a hard sell. And i know what I want.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
...every now and then when I go to BH, their sales guys put way to much of a hard sell. And i know what I want.
I am sorry you feel this way. None of our people gets paid commission so they have no incentive to upsell or promote ad-ons or otherwise make you feel uncomfortable. Anytime you feel this way note the sales associate's name (they all wear name tags) and let me know. No one gets fired, but we do want to make sure they're always at their very best.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryp View Post
I am sorry you feel this way. None of our people gets paid commission so they have no incentive to upsell or promote ad-ons or otherwise make you feel uncomfortable. Anytime you feel this way note the sales associate's name (they all wear name tags) and let me know. No one gets fired, but we do want to make sure they're always at their very best.
Hey Henry, when are you going to start paying me for my pro B&H propaganda?

On numerous occasions your sales people have talked me Out of buying something...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryp View Post
Henry,

I still do business with you guys. I depends on what part of town I am at when I need to pick up something. I guess it because there is aways a so many people that it gives a real sense of rushing.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:33 PM   #15

I live in Indiana and love Roberts Photo. www.robertsimaging.com

They are helpful, knowledgeable, and have been around for a long, long time. They are price competitive, but not always the bottom line cheapest. But if you have a problem, they will be there to help you.

The other companies, Aldorama B&H etc., have excellent reputations and you won't go wrong with them. I just thought if you were lived here in the midwest, you might want to know about Roberts.
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Those would all be good choices, assuming you mean buying directly from amazon.com (versus one of the vendors listing gear there).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com, http://www.adorama.com and http://www.buydig.com (not buydigg.com) also have good reputations. You may also want to visit http://www.keh.com for things like used lenses (they have a very good reputation).
Adding a few from personal experience...

Beachcamera.com = They are the same retailer as buydig but sometimes their prices are a bit better.

Abes of Maine = They probably have the cheapest prices out there. I've bought many cameras from them. If you use coupon LOYALTY10 you get $10 off.

Crutchfield = One of the best return policies on the net. They pay for s/h both ways if you choose to return. They also have an outlet store, from which I've bought many items in the past. The outlet prices are significantly cheaper and the products come with the same warranty and return policy. If you find what you are looking for in the outlet and you feel that the price is good, buy it. You'll save a lot.

Butterflyphoto = I've bought from them as well. They have very competitive prices too.

All these retailers are reputable dealers and the products they sell carry full US warranty. No grey market.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:24 PM   #17

Beach Camera is the place to buy cameras. Very friendly and service is excellent. Cannot say the same for B&H and Adorama. Both manage to mess up my orders by sending the wrong product...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikmeister View Post
but you can check any retailer here . www.resellerratings.com
+1 for ResellerRatings. Not perfect but certainly the best and most reliable of the bunch.