Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:41 PM   #11

Thank you, Jazzer!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:43 AM   #12

Thank u guys.

I hope ur not going to mind me posting another review from this site:-

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ35/FZ35A.HTM

If you read the PRO's and CON's near to the bottom of the page, it says "A weak flash for a long zoom camera". Is this something I should be worried about?
amateurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:24 AM   #13

amateurman --

I'll let Sarah or someone else with experience with the camera respond to your question about the flash. I recently ordered the FZ35 and haven't received it yet, so I do not have hands on experience yet. I also purchased the camera primarily for outdoor pictures (which is not to say it is not capable indoors)

I understand your apprehension in purchasing another camera given your prior experience. Is it possible to purchase or order via internet whatever camera you choose from a vendor that will permit a return if you are unhappy? That is what I have done, because I find it difficult to fully test the camera in the store with limited time.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:44 AM   #14

i can order over the net, but i'm sure your not allowed to return an item once its been opened, although i could be wrong.

One quick question though...what helps create a vivid/vibrant/saturated colours? Is it mainly the camera or mainly the lens? If its the lens, what is it called? and can the FZ38 have this option?

Last edited by amateurman; Feb 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:39 AM   #15

amateurman-

Firstly, I have had no problem with the FZ-35/38's built-in flash unit at all. I have not felt it was under powered like the ZS1, ZS2, and ZR1 cameras. There have beena few times when photographing a group that I have used the Flash Compensation feature that allows you to adjust the power of the flash upwards or downwards, and had great photos.

Just like WB, the colors on the FZ-35/38 are also fully adjustable as well. so obtaining those vivid/vibrsant/saturated colours would be no problem at all. The FZ-35/38 has adjustments for just about everything. That it what makes it such a feature rich camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:50 PM   #16

many thanks for the info sarah. Whilst i awaited ur reply, i did some further research and am i right in thinking that to create a nice effect, i need something called "polarising filter"??

I want to be able to have more vibrant colours in photos...for example, check out the differences in these:-

http://www.cocoons.co.nz/images/Kayakshadow.jpg

http://www.physik.de/wordpress213/wp...nNatur_640.jpg

Although fairly simple, i'm sure you can notice some gorgeous differences...the colours looks very vibrant....can i manage this sort of quality with the FZ38?

PS: Where is ur FZ38 thread? i couldn't find it as i wanted to check out the photos members have posted.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:15 PM   #17

amateurman-

Yes, a polarizing filter would be an assist to obtaining blue skies with puffy white clouds. In do intensify colors to a small degree in brightly sun lighted photo environments.

The Panasonic P+S folder can be found by scrolling down to that section. It is easy to find. I have also attached a sunrise photo taken using the FZ-35/38's Sunset Scene Mode.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:06 PM   #18

WOW! Sarah...what a nice photo...just wondering if i could ask u to send me a full-size photo that has been taken indoors in AUTO mode? i.e. without any mods to it and in standard AUTO FLASH. It'll give me some idea..

thank u once again.

Last edited by amateurman; Feb 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:31 PM   #19

amateurman-

I assume you are asking me to post that photo. Is that correct?

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:33 PM   #20

lol...no no. I mean i know for sure that the FZ38 outdoor photos look gorgeous as i've just seen them on the panny p&s thread. I just wanted to see the quality of it with a photo taken indoors with low/fluorescent lighting, maybe with some person sat in the photo...just to give me a better idea.