Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:29 AM   #1

Default S90 only in auto

So if I do go with the S90 and only shoot it in Auto, or Program Auto, am I wasting the $400 and would be better off with something less expensive to shoot with in Auto? Sorry to be a pain!
akmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:33 AM   #2

And as an amateur will I really notice the quality difference in something less expensive?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:46 AM   #3

akmontgomery-

The key or pivotal element in the S-90 that makes it so good is the large imager that it uses. It uses the very same imager as that used on the Canon G-11, the Flagship of Canon's P+S line of cameras.

That allows the user to use the other key and unique element of the S-90, its very fast lens. The lens at it widest aperture is an amazing F 2.0. Yes, it has a very good automatic mode and you can do even more when using the Programed Auto mode.

Will you personally see the difference? Yes, you will as you will be able to take very good photos in low light situations which other cameras would find impossible. Such as being able to take shots inside the Mormon Tabernacle, or of the interior of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.

One the areas that the S-90 will help you the most is in taking spontaneous photos of your own children. However, in the final analysis, purchasing the Canon S-90 camera is only a decision you can make. I have answered every one of your posts, I know how much you are struggling with this decision. However, as I have said before, I see the S-90 as worth the expense, just due to the greater number, and higher quality photos that you will take of your own children.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:57 AM   #4

Default Thank you

Thank you, Sarah! I really appreciate your patience with me.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:06 AM   #5
Super Moderator

i agree. the larger imager resulting in lower noise at higher iso's, combined with fast lens and robust shooting performance results in a noticeable difference regardless of mode shot in.

-Dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote