Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:58 PM   #11

My wife has a Leica film camera. The are pretty cool.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:59 PM   #12

I would love a M camera form leica
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:52 PM   #13

peripatetic: I'm glad you like the thread. But, I'll need a $5,000 off coupon to be able to afford a Leica. Maybe, instead, I'll marry someone who already has one.

Luckily, I do have some time to decide since I do not leave until May. But, as of now, I'm sorta leaning towards the Panasonic depsite the size of it. I'm one of those people that feel that if I'm going drop the dough on a camera, then I should get a real camera. Besides, I've been working out, and a heavier camera would allow me to say "Do you know where the gym's at?"...but in Italian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
For meeting girls nothing is better than a Leica M. It's a great conversation piece and of course a wonderful camera. The kind of girls who know what it is will be very sophisticated and interesting, and possibly wealthy too. Digital or film- doesn't matter.

There is nothing in particular that makes a camera more suitable for use in Italy than in any other country.

A wife would be a much better souvenir than a photograph anyway. Yes, definitely a Leica!

If a Leica is too expensive then you want a cool camera. That rules out practically all DSLR cameras and digital P&S cameras too. The new m4/3 cameras are quite cool. Try the Olympus E-P1 or E-P2 with the Panasonic 20mm pancake lens. Alternatively an Olympus OM1 film camera would work well too or perhaps the Mamiya 7II. An 8x10 field camera is a great conversation starter, but quite unwieldly and difficult to carry in your luggage. Ooh - or a Rolleiflex TLR!

This is definitely the best thread ever started in this forum: "What's the best camera for finding me a wife?" Totally awesome! :-)

The best site I know for looking for cool cameras: http://tokyocamerastyle.com/
waterhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:32 PM   #14

Okay, I thnk I'm set on the Panasonic by reading around some more. What accessories do you guys recommend? I'm thinking at least an extra battery. I don't know if non-OEM batteries are safe.

Thanks again!
waterhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:40 PM   #15

to answer #5 soley, you must have a nikon d3s, 200mm f2 and a gym membership.
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:46 PM   #16

PB,

No not even close, Leica R or S series with a f.95 lens. That is the girl magnet of the camera world.