Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:34 PM   #1

Default What accessories to buy?

I bought the samsung wb550/hz15 camera it looks like a keeper so now I am looking into accessories. It comes with a usb cable for connecting to computer and a charging cable.
2 questions -
1- to charge the battery I need to use the camera.. worth getting a separate charger? On Ebay I found charger, +2 batteries for $25 USD delievered to canada.. I don't know if I will be hit with customs and taxes so is it worth it? I want another battery, and locally I can get an aftermarket battery for $20... but I wonder if getting a separate charger that does not tie up my camera for charging is worth it?
2 - It does not come with HD or AVI cable... do you find these are necessary?
Thanks for the the advice guys.
nech770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2010, 3:06 PM   #2

Nech-

I find it convenient to charge the battery outside of the camera. That way there is less camera "downtime." Because I use a simple and inexpensive card reader, I really do not need cables. A case is the other option I would add. It need not be expensive, but it does add another layer of camera protection.

I like a camera in a case, before I put it into my purse.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 3:57 PM   #3

thanks sarah,
i think I will get charger... and extra battery.
Do you think I really need 2 extra batteries or 1 is enough? How is the battery life? It does not seem to drain too quickly.

Also are there any other Canadians on this site? How does it work with customs and taxes etc... is it worth getting from the states?

I found one here http://www.suntekstore.ca/battery-%5...standard-.html the question has anyone used these people before? How do I tell if they are reputable... seems too good a price. Also the battery is Ultra high 1400 mAh power, the original samsung one is 1050mAh. Should I worry that this one is higher?

Last edited by nech770; Mar 5, 2010 at 4:02 PM.
nech770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:53 PM   #4

Nech-

I like the external battery charger, rather than taking the camera out of service. I just have one extra battery, and that is sufficient, as the HZ15W has good battery life.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote