Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:55 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Haha, yes, then we had to go clothes shopping (for about an hour - seemed like a lot longer) - found some stuff she liked. Got home and she tried it on and burst into tears. Unconsolable for about 30 minutes, the clothes didn't fit properly.

Lauren is nearly 6. *sigh* She doesn't get that from her mother, that's for sure. She has such a tremendous fashion sense, and really cares about clothes. Her mother asks her for advice now. Where does this stuff come from? Very mysterious.

P.S. It ended well, she arranged the items mixed with some other items of clothing and accessories and frankly she looks stunning.

P.P.S. In other news Lauren lost her other front tooth this evening, so she now has a double gap at the front. Just in time for her 6th birthday next month. :-)
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Super Moderator

Update....

She loves it. :-)
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:15 AM   #13
Administrator

Congrats on making a good choice. You should nudge her to participate in the forums here, too. ;-) From your previous posts, it sounds like she's got a great eye for photography.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:32 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Nice Craig, glad she loves it
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:09 PM   #15

Craig-

There is nothing like success! I'm glad to hear that all worked out wel.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 4:32 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Left to my own devices I would have got the 130, but thanks to all your advice and the fact that Lauren agreed too I went for the S90.

Thank you all, because Mags loves the S90; she says how much it feels like a proper camera! She loves the control ring and the fast lens. And the flash is way better than on her old camera too.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:51 PM   #17

Glad to help
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
Haha, yes, then we had to go clothes shopping (for about an hour - seemed like a lot longer) - found some stuff she liked. Got home and she tried it on and burst into tears. Unconsolable for about 30 minutes, the clothes didn't fit properly.

Lauren is nearly 6. *sigh* She doesn't get that from her mother, that's for sure. She has such a tremendous fashion sense, and really cares about clothes. Her mother asks her for advice now. Where does this stuff come from? Very mysterious.

P.S. It ended well, she arranged the items mixed with some other items of clothing and accessories and frankly she looks stunning.

P.P.S. In other news Lauren lost her other front tooth this evening, so she now has a double gap at the front. Just in time for her 6th birthday next month. :-)
Isn't that fun, My daughter (then 6, now 7) had 4 top front teeth out at Christmas, I have been banned from showing the Christmas pictures of her with this huge gap on the top. The gap is now filled with two larger ones and all is well again. She also is a Fashion queen. Glad your mothers day went well!
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote