Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacmusic View Post
...I believe Panasonic are talking about a 100-300 which I'd be interested in for sure (at the right price)...
So far, I haven't seen much of "right price" coming from Panasonic. I thought Zuiko lenses were expensive compared to similar lenses from Canon and Nikon but the Lumix ones are way out there. So, if in one hand I'm also looking forward to the 100-300mm, on the other I'm not holding my breath and if the price isn't right, I'll go with the ZD 70-300mm + adapter instead. Yes, there is the extra cost of the adapter but once I have it, then I'll be able to use other 4/3 lenses with my system. It might be worth the investment.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
So far, I haven't seen much of "right price" coming from Panasonic. I thought Zuiko lenses were expensive compared to similar lenses from Canon and Nikon but the Lumix ones are way out there. So, if in one hand I'm also looking forward to the 100-300mm, on the other I'm not holding my breath and if the price isn't right, I'll go with the ZD 70-300mm + adapter instead. Yes, there is the extra cost of the adapter but once I have it, then I'll be able to use other 4/3 lenses with my system. It might be worth the investment.
Having now bought into an MFT system, I wonder how many dedicated lenses we'll actually see.... (and whether we'll see third-party development). I presume 'standard' 4/3rds lenses will always be larger by comparison, so it'll be interesting to see the size of the 100-300 compared to the Zuiko 70-300. I was very surprised how small - and heavy - the 14-140 is (and I know it's not as small as the forthcoming 14-150 from Olympus)!

Agree about the m4/3 adaptor though.... definitely seems like a worthwhile investment.
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:13 PM   #33

It is a nice little piece of equipment the adapter. If you want a macro lens. You can spend 800 on the panny 45, or about 300 on a oly 35mm with the adapter. I took the slightly larger size lens and got my set up for 247 with allot of searching. and save the 550 dollar for other things.

Last edited by shoturtle; Mar 15, 2010 at 4:12 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote