Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:53 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
The are both good, some like the eye loop vs the nylon strap. But both works fine.
One taller guy (I'm not real too, 5'10") said he likes the nylon strapped one more than the eye loop. Says it's adjustable longer and that extra length could really matter. I'm reading a lot of customer reviews at Amazon and am leaning to the one without the loops. It also has higher ratings, almost 5 stars across the board. Cheaper as well. Edit: That's the one I got.

Last edited by Muse; Jul 24, 2010 at 8:21 AM.
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:55 PM   #62

I like to carry my camera lower, so I like the nylon strap better then the loop, I can adjusted a bit better.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:14 AM   #63

Quote:
I like to carry my camera lower, so I like the nylon strap better then the loop, I can adjusted a bit better.
I'm confident I'll be happy with it when I go out with the 55-300mm for the day.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:16 AM   #64

the 55-300mm is a light lens actually. But it is just more comfortable not to have the cheapo strap cutting into you neck as you are walking around.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 8:25 AM   #65

Quote:
the 55-300mm is a light lens actually. But it is just more comfortable not to have the cheapo strap cutting into you neck as you are walking around.
Yes, I was aware that the 55-300mm is light compared to a lot of the camera/lens combos that people are referring to in the reviews of those straps (never seen or held one, but people say that), but I was thinking the same thing. Even with the K-x + 55-300mm I'm going to be a much happier camper using one of those Op/Tech straps than the one that comes with the camera. And that I'd regret not getting the better strap in the not distant future! Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited by Muse; Jul 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 4:52 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Stepp View Post
I think I have settled on the Kx two lens kit (18-55mm and 55-300mm) as my camera purchase. As I have mentioned, I don't have access to a traditional camera store and will be buying most of my equipment online.

I would appreciate any advice on straps (Optech were mentioned earlier), cards (Sandisk Extreme III were mentioned earlier), lens hoods, cleaning kits, SLR books/videos, AA batteries or any other ideas.

I will look at a camera bag later after I can decide what size I really need. However, if any of you have a bag that you think would be absolutely perfect for the base camera and kit, please let me know.

Thanks for the help
Out of curiousity, what made you choose the K-x?
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:49 PM   #67

koolpc-

I get the impression that perhaps you are not 100% satisfied with your new Canon XS/1000D camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:05 PM   #68

My brother-in-law has been looking at the K-x and i am going to the camera shop with him tomorrow. Showed him my 1000D but he wants something a little more up to date!
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:28 AM   #69

I have the k-x and was wondering what rocket blower should I buy? I was looking at the different ones and there are so many different ones. big ones, small ones, and some with brushes and buffers on them. I think I would want the smallest, quickest, and most easy to use but does the small ones work just as good as the large ones?
Photoshop CS5
Trihame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:54 AM   #70

hey guys check this out I found a 55-300mm for really cheap. Although it says that its a DAL and I thought you were not suppose to be able to find them by themselves....

http://www.camerakings.com/products/...l_SLR_Cameras/
Photoshop CS5
Trihame is offline   Reply With Quote