Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:21 PM   #11

Ah a suzuki guy. 2 of my 4 bikes are suzuki's
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:38 PM   #12

Yeah, Suzuki for me now. I had Ninjas for 12 years, then last year I bought a clean title, wrecked Busa and spent all summer fixing it up. Rode it in the fall, and sold my Ninja in the winter heh.

Panasonic replied already, took maybe 5 minutes for them. Since it's an 09 camera, it will be hard to find, and they do not have a list of stores in my area that sells them.

Wonder if it's just because they want me to buy from their site? I know it was a 09, but there isn't a replacement to it that I know of, so it should still be current, or at least my logic it is lol.

Oh well, I doubt it would fit in my jacket anyways.
Danballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:14 PM   #13

No it will not fit in your jacket that I can assure you. If you want to get really fancy, you may want to look at a zs7, it gps stamps your photos also, it should be hitting the stores soon. The ZS7 have more manual control if you choose to get more into photography. But the ZS3 is selling for 240 dollars right now.

My friends taking the cross country ride in May, found the neck strap was the quickest way to get the camera out and shoot. Just unzip the jacket half way, pull out the camera and you are ready to go. Gloves and helmet still on.

I have currently have SV1000S, SV650S, CBR1000RR, and a BMW R1100S. Smaller is better for a motorcycle camera.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:26 PM   #14

I actually just read a very good review of the zs7 over at Cameralabs. There are a few things that I find appealing vs the zs3, but it doesn't justify the extra amount to me.

I just took my old camera, which is a Coolpix 8800 out to my utility room where my riding gear is at. I have a Motoport outfit, and it fit in both thigh pockets of my pants, and into one of my outer jacket pockets. Nikon dimensions are, w4.6 x d4.8 x h3.3in. The fz-35 is 4.63 x 3.50 2.98''.

Here I thought I was narrowing down my choices, but I think I just opened myself up to more.
Danballa is offline   Reply With Quote