Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:58 AM   #1

Default zs3, sony hx5v or h55

I'm looking at these 3 cameras. i'm mostly going to be point and shoot but do like to play with the cameras a little bit. I can get the zs3 for around $240. Which is in my budget of $250. But i've read a lot of bad things about indoor shooting quality so that is making me gun shy about buying it. I know that hx5v is like $350. So i was wondering if this camera is really worth breaking the bank every thing i have read sounds great but the price. Know the h55 is not coming out till april sometime which is fine because i really don't need my camera till about april 20. I don't think i'm really going to use the gps in the hx5v. So would i be better of to wait until this camera comes out or just buy the zs3. i know it hard to compare because it's not out yet. Some of things i'm looking for. Great indoor and outdoor quality pics. good quality zoom. Hd video because i don't have a video camera so the digital camera would act as both for me and a few tools to play around with. I know all three cameras have all the tools i'm looking for it's just do i break the bank on the hx5v or just get one of the other two. If you have any other camera suggestions i'm open to all of them. Thank you for your time and help.
gmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:30 AM   #2

gmurr-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

The Panasonic ZS3 does have a limited indoor Flash Range. Flash Range is the distance between the subject and the camera, measured in feet. That is due to the rather small and weak built-in flash unit. However, that is easily overcome with an inexpensive Slave flash, such as the one shown in the attached photo.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:56 PM   #3

Hi There

Personally I would go for the Sony HX5. I did have a Panasonic ZS3 and the battery life on it was appalling and i was not at all impressed with pictures indoors or in lowlight. I got to try the Sony HX5 at a Camera Exhibition and it is a superb camera I now have mine on order which should be delivered tomorrow.
sarahw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:18 PM   #4

sarahw-

Please post some photos from your new Sony HX5. That would really be appreciated.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:06 PM   #5

Sarah Joyce i will do hoping camera will be delivered tomorrow
sarahw is offline   Reply With Quote