Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:26 AM   #11

ok thanks ill check them out, i do usually take A LOT of pics so i have not been to interested in the disposable ones if im honest, i work on the basis of the more i take the chance of getting a couple of good pictures

and yes he in the UK having a water proof camera will really come in handy, the amount of days out ive had over the last couple of years only for it to rain all day/week/month taking the 8080wz out for a very quick snap before i stuff it back in my bag gets a little tiresome some times
Blaupunkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt View Post
ok thanks, i didnt think there would be much point in spending loads on one at the moment, its not like i get the chance to do it alot
since posting the initial thread i have some a little research and it seems i will have to spend a little more than i first thought.

so with that in mind i read reviews and comments about the following 3 "water proof" camera's.

these are, Canon Powershot D 10, Panasonic Lumix FT1 and the Olympus Mju Tough 8000.

the camera's main use will be for taking pictures while snorkelling and hopefully "shallow" diving of a few meters down, i have my 8080wz for 99% of all normal shooting so unless its raining or something then i will continue to use that for everything else.

i am kind of leaning to wards the Canon, can anyone advise on these 3 models or maybe suggest something i have not seen.
leebingate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:56 PM   #13

and your point is ?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:20 PM   #14

i have found this casing for my Olympus c 8080 digital camera, http://www.egears.co.uk/pd_pt-023.cfm

seeing as it is a very similar price to the water proof ones i have listed in this thread would i be better off getting housing for my camera ?

can anyone tell me how durable this stuff is, when going on holiday for example is it OK to put in your suit case or should you mouth the camera in the casing and put it in your camera bag etc?

and i assume you can also use the zoom functions of the camera etc

they might seem like daft questions but i am very unsure as to which is the better option
Old May 4, 2010, 6:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt View Post
i am kind of leaning to wards the Canon, can anyone advise on these 3 models or maybe suggest something i have not seen.

thanks again.
Canons seem to be popular with divers. See this thread on the boards.ie
photography forum:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055881694
corkpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 6:49 PM   #16

hi, while the cannon is nice i think i will be getting the Sony TX5, had a play with one in a store over the weekend and liked it, smaller than i thought it would be.

with the IQ it has and all the other features im sure it will be handy little camera to take with me when i dont want to take my bulky 8080wz
Old May 5, 2010, 8:16 PM   #17

That sounds like an excellent selection.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote