Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:40 PM   #111

does HX5 have underwater mode and underwater case respectively?
digicam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:44 PM   #112

No underwater mode, and underwater case yet.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:39 AM   #113
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
I am not comparing a dslr to the point and shot, there are point and shots that have 3fps burst rate, I am not comparing it to say a 1dmkiv, which I have actually seen the hx5v hype against on it's burst rate. Just other point and shoot out on the market with 3fps burst rates.
Well in that case, compare Sony's 2fps or 5fps mode vs the other cam's 3fps mode. Once again I would rather have a choice of 2/5/10 than be stuck with simply one burst mode. Also, many of the P&S do burst at reduced resolution whereas Sony does it at full resolution.

Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:44 AM   #114

Acheron,

You are beating a dead horse, I have explain my belief in not following the hype. That is all. Some camera reduce some don't. Do not feel like going through ever model. If you feel that the burst mode is to your like, that is great. All I pointed out was that draw backs if a member looking at this post did not know any thing about this camera. As there is not to many on hand review by users yet.

So if you do not like my simple statement to it cool to have 10fps, then have to wait 16 or 13 second, I am sorry. But that is the facts.

No more dead horse beating form me.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 4:54 AM   #115
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Acheron,

You are beating a dead horse, I have explain my belief in not following the hype. That is all. Some camera reduce some don't. Do not feel like going through ever model. If you feel that the burst mode is to your like, that is great. All I pointed out was that draw backs if a member looking at this post did not know any thing about this camera. As there is not to many on hand review by users yet.

So if you do not like my simple statement to it cool to have 10fps, then have to wait 16 or 13 second, I am sorry. But that is the facts.

No more dead horse beating form me.
No one needed to be told that companies use marketing/advertising to sell products. No one needed to be told that the camera would be unavailable while writing 10 images to the SD card (except perhaps someone who has never used a digital camera). Every post in both threads is either you complaining, comparing P&S cams to bigger, better and more expensive cams or pointing out common sense issues like the one above.

OK, 10fps no good for you. It works as Sony intended and anyone who wanted to know how long it would take the camera to write the images had the info readily available. The S90 has better IQ. I agree. Are we surprised? No. The sensor is 30% larger and there is less image processing going on not to mention the support of RAW files. blah blah blah This was already discussed long before you graced us with your presence in this thread and most (all?) of the thread participants know at least as much about these 2 cams as you do. We get it. Go make a thread in the Sony forum and tell us everything you hate all at once. Get it out of your system. The useful information in the thread is getting lost amongst your incessant b*tching.
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 5:24 AM   #116

any opinions on Samsung TL350 (WB 2000) compared to HX5?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:11 AM   #117

diicam5d

The TL-350/WB-2000 is still a work in progress. Yes, the specs look very impressive. But the only mention we have seen of the TL350 is at seagadget, a website owned by Samsung, and that was really a preview with a few photos.

The TL350 potentially could be a video makers dream, but we will not know much more until it reaches the dealer's shelves and we read our first professional review.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:07 AM   #118

thx sarah,the specs are fab but hands -on can tell us totally different story

I thought it has been allready released in the USA

no idea when it would come here....

Looking fwd to ur pictures with HX5!

Last edited by digicam5; Apr 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:47 PM   #119

digicam5-

No, there has been no prospective delivery date posted for the TL350 in the USA. I am posting my HX5 photos in the Sony P+S folder.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:52 PM   #120

Stop it already, you are making a mountain from a mole hill. It all started with me not thinking that a 10fps 1 sec burst is really useful. That is my opinion that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
No one needed to be told that companies use marketing/advertising to sell products. No one needed to be told that the camera would be unavailable while writing 10 images to the SD card (except perhaps someone who has never used a digital camera). Every post in both threads is either you complaining, comparing P&S cams to bigger, better and more expensive cams or pointing out common sense issues like the one above.

OK, 10fps no good for you. It works as Sony intended and anyone who wanted to know how long it would take the camera to write the images had the info readily available. The S90 has better IQ. I agree. Are we surprised? No. The sensor is 30% larger and there is less image processing going on not to mention the support of RAW files. blah blah blah This was already discussed long before you graced us with your presence in this thread and most (all?) of the thread participants know at least as much about these 2 cams as you do. We get it. Go make a thread in the Sony forum and tell us everything you hate all at once. Get it out of your system. The useful information in the thread is getting lost amongst your incessant b*tching.