Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:50 PM   #61

SGF-

Please be aware that digicam5's prices are incorrect. The HX5 is selling for $348 at [url]www.abesofmaine.com, NOT $465.00!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:06 PM   #62

i just converted the shop price from singapore dollars in the US$, i mean this is the price in singapore in US$ dollars.... prices in the US, Europe etc. will be diffrent... sarah joyce i'm gonna to check this website and order from there if it is really that cheap!

Last edited by digicam5; Mar 28, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
digicam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:20 PM   #63
SGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
SGF-

Please be aware that digicam5's prices are incorrect. The HX5 is selling for $348 at [url]www.abesofmaine.com, NOT $465.00!

Sarah Joyce
I didn't really even notice that part of the post but thanks for clarifying it. I already knew it was going for $349.00 as I've seen it at one of the stores locally. I'm sure when and if I decide to order it I may be able to do better on line but so far the prices at the usual on line stores I prefer to deal with are about the same. It may even go down in price once the competition like the HZ35 is released. I think the extra batteries go for around $32.00-$35.00. I would definitely want a Sony battery and not a generic one.

What's your thoughts in regards to the CCD sensor vs. CMOS sensor and noise?

Last edited by SGF; Mar 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:23 PM   #64

I do not think so, this camera is selling like hotcakes, and it is brand new. I doubt you will see a price drop for couple of months. Sony came out with a real winner on sales with this camera. BH did not have them, and were selling them at msrp.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:26 PM   #65
SGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
I do not think so, this camera is selling like hotcakes, and it is brand new. I doubt you will see a price drop for couple of months. Sony came out with a real winner on sales with this camera. BH did not have them, and were selling them at msrp.

Did not mean they'd drop the price now but in about 3-6 months maybe! It's still a good price at $349.00 for everything the camera does but since I'm not in a rush and I do want to see the other model HZ35 (which may take a few months to get to the USA)who knows....maybe by then they will.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:52 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Actually it's been $314 at Amazon twice already. You need to be quick with Amazon though as their prices often change daily.
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:41 AM   #67

SGF a new very detailed review and tests with Samsung HZ35:

http://en.segadget.com/entry/538

I'm quite impressed with the IQ...

p.s. some us sites have selling date for it 30 Mar

Last edited by digicam5; Mar 29, 2010 at 12:54 AM.
digicam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:02 AM   #68

They did not show any shots in low light, all daylight. It seems 800iso is it's max acceptable range.

Last edited by shoturtle; Mar 29, 2010 at 10:25 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:24 AM   #69

That is significant! If the Samsung WB650/HZ35W tops out at ISO 800, which is about what I would expect, that is another bonus for the HX5, which can handle ISO 1600.By the way, I have a HX5 on order and it will be here at the end of the week. That way we will have hard data and actual photos to deal with in our discussion.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:26 AM   #70

cool, let us know, as the hx5v is on my list of possible point and shoot camera's