Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:26 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
The conditions in the sample photo we are discussing call for Cloudy WB or a custom WB....

I have had nothing but excellent success with the WB on my FZ-35 camera from Panasonic.

With the Sony HX-5 you would have far fewer settings to attend to in the camera. Thus, that might be a good choice for you.

Sarah Joyce
If you check dpreview, the Panasonic forums, etc. you will see that the ZS3 (and Panasonics in general) have a color cast/WB issue when using anything but manual WB. I know this from experience as stated above but there are plenty of examples and discussions on the web as well.

Here's another example:

Corrected:

I realize that for some users this may be acceptable since you can usually correct it in PP. I don't really want to run 75% of my photos through PP though. I wish it were as simple as changing some settings during shooting. Manual WB on the Panasonics will usually at least vastly improve the situation but first I don't want to manual WB for nearly all of my shots and second, there aren't a lot of white objects (usually none) available out in the woods. It has also been noted that some people don't even see the cast unless they are presented side-by-side examples. My wife is one of those people. Unfortunately, I can see it immediately and it bugs the s*** out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
With the Sony HX-5 you would have far fewer settings to attend to in the camera. Thus, that might be a good choice for you.

Sarah Joyce
That sounds a bit patronizing. Simply because I don't like the complicated nature of getting good photos with the current Fuji cams doesn't mean I simply want (or need) to simply click a button and shoot. I just want a P&S that requires minimal tweaking per shot for a day out on the trails.

Last edited by Acheron; Mar 24, 2010 at 1:38 PM.
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:09 PM   #12

acheron-

I offer you my sincere apologies! I surely was not being patronizing you at all. Information about your skill levels has not been specifically covered in this thread.

So that no other misconceptions are created, I think it best if I bow out of this thread.Good Luck in your camera search. I sincerely was attempting to help you, one on one. This Forum is NOT like the forums at www.dpreview.com where some of the discussions can get rather heated at times.

I have posted almost 13,000 post in this forum, and nobody has ever accused me of being patronizing. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote