Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:29 PM   #21

Actually the epl-1 will do 2000 iso, as hards pointed out some major changes to the senor that allow it to have a workable photo at 3200 with the NR set to std or high. When he inform me and the info tuillo also gave me. I went out and tried the different settings. And it is true. You can see the test images of the EPL-1 at 1600, 2000, 2500, and 3200 that I took with my epl-1 in the oly forum under first impression of the EPL-1.

I love that all camera get better with each new release and if you look at the ep2 vs epl-1. Which is only 6 months difference. The ability jump with the change in the AA setting on the oly 4/3 sensor. I am delight that high end p&s are good up to 800iso, some can push 1600 to be acceptable.

Just need to put things into prospective.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:33 PM   #22

Sarah,

I am sorry that epl-1 thread is in the olympus dslr forum. Here is the link

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ol...mpression.html
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:44 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
The hx5v is very respectable for a point and shoot, the s90 is better.
There you go with that S90 again. That is an apples to oranges comparison imho as the similarities end after "fits in your pocket." The S90 and HX5V appeal to two completely separate sets of needs.

Quote:
But neither is stellar. And that is the point I am saying. That with a point and shoot, realized the compromise.
We don't need the dead horse smiley again do we? ;p We all get the limitations of a P&S.
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:49 AM   #24

It is a point and shoot, it fits in my shirt pocket I tried it out. It is not that big of a camera. It just happens to me a more features for a point and shoot. That is all. One has a 10x some the other is a short zoom. But the are still both point and shoot cameras.

Stop trying to make the s90 something way more then it is. They are around the same price point also. So it is fair to compare them.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 3:31 AM   #25
Banned

Quote:
It is a point and shoot, it fits in my shirt pocket I tried it out. It is not that big of a camera. It just happens to me a more features for a point and shoot. That is all. One has a 10x some the other is a short zoom. But the are still both point and shoot cameras.

Stop trying to make the s90 something way more then it is. They are around the same price point also. So it is fair to compare them.
The S90's sensor is nearly 30% larger and it has a zoom that is less than half the Sony. The S90 offers a full array of controls whereas the Sony is aimed at the novice. The HX5V has some of the best video of any P&S camera and the S90 has none at all. The S90 has no GPS. They are aimed at different users and it's quite clear that's how they were intended. No one needs your help to understand that P&S suck in low-light nor does anyone need assistance figuring out that the S90 has better IQ. Every post is another restating of the obvious. If you have nothing to contribute or new to discuss, then move along. This beating the dead horse is getting old.

You are obviously aware of what each offers and doesn't offer and should know that they are vastly different. The fact that you are even still considering both makes me wonder how you choose what pants to wear every day. Honestly I don't think you are debating though since nearly every post is simply you slamming the Sony. That's fine but it's not useful to people who are genuinely interested in it despite its shortcomings.

Last edited by Acheron; Apr 1, 2010 at 4:02 AM.
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:00 AM   #26

It is still a point and shoot