Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:23 PM   #1
zul

Default Canon a-1100 or Panasonic fs62

Hi, currently I'm in a need of a pocket camera to replace my old canon A60, it last for 4 years. Now, I'm left with two option that met my budget which are canon a-1100 and panasonic fs62. It cost for almost the same price in Indonesia.

If I compare the picture, in flickr, which was taken with panasonic fs7 (i couldn't find fs62 user there ) and the one that was taken by canon a-1100, I think that the one that was taken with fs7 is better. But FYI, I'm not an expert in photography, so I am open to any objection about it .

Which one (a-1100 and fs62) do you think that is better for indoor(people in room lighting) and outdoor(beach and mountain) photography and can last for a long time? Do fs7 and fs62 have almost the same performance?

Regards,
Zul
zul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:52 PM   #2

zul-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

Please understand that virtually all point and shoot cameras are not able to take indoor photos, using just normal home lighting. The P+S camera's built-in flash unit must be used. The only cameras that can do that are DSLR cameras, costing hundreds of dollars more.

Between the A-1000 and the FS-62, the FS-62 is the better camera under normal shooting conditions. Because you told us nothing about your own typical shooting conditions and/or the photos that you normally take in detail, we can only make a general judgment. To assist you, we have included a link to a recent professional review of the FS-62:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...ix-DMC-FS62/p1

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:07 PM   #3
zul

Sarah, thank you for your reply I really appriciate it.

I usually take my camera with me when i goes hiking. I use it to take picture of the landscape and the moment of me and my friend doing hiking in a forrest environment. I use it also for occasions that happen in my school or home, I have no problem of using buit-in flash.

Regards,
Zul
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:51 AM   #4
zul

Finally I chose fs62. I have tried taking several pictures and I am satisfied with the results.

Thanks a lot for your recomendation .

Regards,

Zul