Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:14 PM   #1

Default Needing a good point and shoot camera

first, great site. Wow, a lot of info here. I tried to sort through all the reviews yet needless to say I got a little overwhelmed and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a lil' point and shoot camera for around 90-140 bucks. Something similar to the Casio EX-Z90 12.1MP Digital Camera. I was going to buy this camera yet after seeing the pic qualities it does appear a bit flat (unsure if day was overcast or not). Also I am not caught up in the megapixel game as I am sure I cannot tell the difference between 9 or 12 megapixel for what I want to do which is just take pics of friends and family. Below is just a quick outline of what I am looking for:

-Lithium batteries
-Nice pictures taken with flash
-smaller camera size the better
-vivid picture quality over megapixel size
-if possible solid video capabilities
-easy to use software on the phone.

If anyone could assist or provide feedback I would be most appreciative as I am clueless when it comes to such things as digital cameras.
bdarlage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:44 PM   #2

bdarlage-

Welcome to the Forum. We're please you dropped by.

Your budgeted price range is not overpopulated with quality cameras that meet your somewhat rigid specifications. The only camera in that price range that I would suggest you looking at is the Samsung SL-410, which sells for around $110.

Please bear in mind that you may have to increase your budget to get all of your specifications. I have attached a SL-420 sample photo.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 1:32 PM   #3

Thanks Sara! What would be a good price range for a good camera? I do not need anything crazy, yet if it is only 50 to 60 bucks more for a camera that is superior in quality that is noticeable to an average joe like myself I would be all about it.

Thanks again so much for your reply! You don't know how much this is helping me.
bdarlage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 1:51 PM   #4

bdarlage-

At $199, the Sony H-20 is currently an excellent buy. It has the best Auto Mode and the best built-in flash in the compact zoom class of cameras. It has 10X optical zoom and does HD video and you can zoom while filming. However, it does not have your wide angle requirement.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:29 PM   #5

jobran-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted you dropped by.

Although your post never mentions it at all. I know you are referring to the Canon S-90 camera. The S-90 is a very good camera, but not every one has the budget to purchase the S-90, so often times we have to make alternative suggestions.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:52 PM   #6
Banned

With that extremely low budget, I think you will have to get a refurbished or exiting model to get something that meets your expectations. However, good is all subjective. if you considered the Casio good, then perhaps you can easily find something within budget.
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote