Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:47 PM   #21

Thanks for the info about Amazon--I always thought the return policy depended on the vendor Amazon was using. In any case, I actually ended up returning the HX5 as well. I am now checking out the Samsung HZ30--nice little camera, a bit slow to focus though. I also just recieved the Panny ZS5, so far I am not impressed w/indoor shots from this camera. Next up might still be the SX210, but I haven't heard many good things about it. Grrrrr.....
bbq797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:10 PM   #22

Multiple professional reviews of the Canon SX-210 have faulted the camera's image quality as inferior to the camera it replaced, the SX-200.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:55 PM   #23

I know! But when you go to user reviews on sites like Amazon or Best Buy, lots people rave about how great it is. It's very confusing, I might have to try this one out for myself as well. (wish I didn't have to)
bbq797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:11 AM   #24

Just an observation: Many folks shy away from admitting that they purchased the wrong camera. Thus, they become very enthusiastic about the purchase to bolster their, less than great, feelings.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 4, 2010, 10:17 AM   #25

I was looking at both the Sony HX5V and the SX210IS and just placed an order for the Canon SX210IS. I am a Sony fan and really loved the features on the HX5V but wasn't sure about the image quality. Now I am wondering if I should go with another camera since the SX210IS may have image issues.

Is there another camera, besides the SX210IS that you would recommend that is small, has great photo quality and HD video?

Also, what problems does the SX210IS specifically have???
sirdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 10:58 AM   #26

sirdomino-

As I mentioned to you in my other post there have been a question about the image quality when the camera is hand held at 14X (392mm) optical zoom. I would hold up any decision on your SX-210 until we get this question sorted out.

I appears that the image quality is not as bad as some folks posted about.

Sarah Joyce