Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:28 AM   #11

shriyans-

Well, you have lots of good advice to consider in your camera search. Certainly, you previous experience with the Canon XS/1000D camera should push it along side the Canon G-11 as your starting point in the next phase of your camera search.

The Touch and Feel Mode": How a camera feels in hand can made a big difference. How your hand or hands span the camera controls, as well as the placement of those controls can be very important. So take your time and be sensitive to your inner feelings. You may not believe it now, but, cameras can feel very differently when you actually handle and take them through the shooting motions.

The Expand the Search Mode: Likewise, when you are visiting camera stores/shops this is the time to re-visit the Canon XS/1000D camer, and to also include other DSLR brands, such as Sony, Pentax, and Nikon.

Good luck with your search as it continues into its next phase of exploration.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Apr 9, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:12 AM   #12

@Interested Observer, Lee, Shoturtle, Tizeye and Sarah - Thanks a tonne everybody for your patience and great advices. I really appreciate all the help and the sample photos. I went to the market and tried toggling with G11, S90, D1000, couldn't find neither LX3 not the Pentax on the display. I found G11 and S90 extremely easy to use, just as my sony cyber shot. but when i saw the photo results on a screen i noticed the difference between the image quality in a layman way. The 1000D gave very sharp and close to the real subject pictures. I mean the colors and everything else comparable seemed better as compared to the PnS. I may be wrong in my judgement. Again as Sarah said "be sensitive to your inner feelings", I always wanted to buy a DSLR but just was confused about wether i'll be able to handle it... After talking to the store guys I realised that its not that big of a task if little genuine attention is paid.
Thanks once again friends for all your help. For now I am in for a DSLR. Leaving for the market again right now and I might come back with my gun . I will keep you updated.
shriyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:14 AM   #13

Thanks for the update, sheriyans-

We wish you good hunting!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:55 PM   #14

Good luck with whatever you buy, just be patient and try different settings and try to make note what settings you used for reference, most of all have fun !!!
Lee.W
Lee.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 3:58 PM   #15

Thank you Sarah and Lee for your advice else i wouldn't have bought what i always wanted to buy. I finally bought a canon D1000. I don't care now if i made a wise decision now or not but i am very happy with the pics I clicked as compared to the earlier cams. I replaced the 18x55 lens with a 18x55 IS at the time of purchase. I decided to spend on a better lens than on a better body as a beginner.I don't know if i made a wise decision or not but I am happy ith the results that I achieved after a brief reading of the supplied manual. will upload the pics tomorrow morning

@Rikmeister - I could't find that in new delhi- India
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:49 PM   #16

Congratulations, and looking forward to your pics. Take it step by step and you will learn so much as you gain confidence with the camera.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:08 PM   #17

Shriyans, Your chosed camera is a good camera from an experienced manufacturer with loads of scope to broaden your lenes for the future.
I am sure you will enjoy it...
Lee.w
Lee.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:24 AM   #18

Thanx everyone. here r 2 not so good pics but better than my cyber shot