Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 8, 2010, 2:38 PM   #1

Default anybody owned HX5v and ZS1 / ZS3

Hello
maybe looking for a change from my ZS1 (TZ6) and looking at the New HX5v, i have heard some good things about this new camera with its feature set and wondered if somebody may of owned both and have some opinions. If this question has been already asked i apologise.
I do like the overall IQ of my TZ6 and certainly do not want to go backwards, just fancy maybe a change to another compact superzoom for my up ancoming holiday to the Balaeric isles.
Regards and thanks
Lee.W
Lee.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:31 PM   #2

Lee-

Welcome to the Forum.

I actually own all three of the camera you have listed, and clearly the Sony HX5 is head and shoulders above the two Panasonic cameras. Please take a look at the Sony P+S Folder. There you will find almost 100 posts about the Sony HX5 along with many very good photo samples from the HX5.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:31 AM   #3

Thanks mtclimber,
I was an H1 H2 & H5 user for a while, then tried and liked the FZ18, then saw the TZ series which i have owned all bar the very latest ones out but they seem to have mixed reviews so i reckon i will leave them alone for a while.
I do miss my old H series but could do without the bulk of a bridge camera hence the purchases of the TZ series, but Looks like Sony have arrived now with the HX5 although in the UK it is quite expensive at the moment so will have to shop around for a bit.
Lee.W
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:35 AM   #4

oh thanks for the info with regards to the "Sony P+S Folder" will make a cuppa and have a good read, part of the joy of photography for me is the purchase of new exciting equipment aswell obviously as using it of course.
Lee.W
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:02 AM   #5

Hello,
Sarah for me your opinion is very interesting, so I asked about it:

""I actually own all three of the camera you have listed, and clearly the Sony HX5 is head and shoulders above the two Panasonic cameras.""

Do you think Sony hx5v is clerly over TZ7, TZ8 and TZ10? In terms of iQ?

I will appreciate a lot if you can explain it, I feel that it is more valuable a qualified user opinion based in months of practice than a professional review done in 48h.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by zchymalaga; Apr 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM.
zchymalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:19 PM   #6

Antonio

Yes, I do think that when you consider the features package offered by the Sony HX5 and the negative recent review of the ZS7, faulting the increased mps in the new ZS/TZ models for reducing the image quality, that the HX5 is beginning to be the better choice.

However, this is only my personal opinion. Other camera enthusiasts may see the facts differently.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 PM   #7

Many thanks Sarah for your quick answer!
I think I understand your opinion.
Antonio
zchymalaga is offline   Reply With Quote