Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:12 PM   #71

It is not mine!

I took it borrowed from my brother, and now I want to buy a camera...
eugeniogurrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:16 PM   #72

If you have the 1000 budget still. And really want to get deep into photography. The epl-1 with the panasonic 45-200 would be an excellent option still keeping the setup small and compact. If you want to save a little the olympus e620 is another good option with their 2 lens kit. Both will give you results better then any megazoom. If that is your first concern.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:21 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeniogurrea View Post
It is not mine!

I took it borrowed from my brother, and now I want to buy a camera...
... and given that you've been using it for a while, I presume you've formed an opinion about it. What about it would you change?

In other words, why wouldn't you buy another camera just like it?

Last edited by TCav; Apr 29, 2010 at 1:25 PM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:54 AM   #74

IS seems to fail, as almost every picture is affected by hand shake, I don't like how pictures look in indoor shots with artificial light, colors seem not to be real...and pics have lots of noise, whatever light conditions were.

As I've always said, I'm not a pro, ot even an awared amateur, but I not happy with the TZ5...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:06 AM   #75

Eugenio-

Zoom seems to be a real priority, good Image Stabilization, and the ability to shoot indoors without blurring and excessive noise, which appears as "grain" in the captured image.

The folks that are getting those great looking photos from the Fuji HS-10 camera like, Gary Toth, are very experienced photographers. So photographic skill play a substantial hand in getting great images. Try the H-10 if you want to, it is well within your budget. However, I think that the H-10 will be a very big challenge for you. That is why I have consistently suggested the Panasonic FZ-35 which is an easier camera for a beginner. While the Olympus EPL1 is a very good camera, and again within your budget, I think it will also pose a very big challenge for you. All three of these camera address your requirements.

Sarah Joyce

Either camera
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:20 PM   #76

OK, and then, without considering the zoom, LX3 and G11 are still "playing" the game...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:30 PM   #77

Eugenio-

I think we are once again back into a circular discussion. I have tried my very best over these 75 personal posts to you. So I wish you much luck in finding the camera of your choice. I am going to move on to questions from other users.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:38 PM   #78

OK, no problem, but please, DO NOT think that you are an essential person to all other users.

Perhaps I'm going running in circles, but you are supposing things (like "Zoom seems to be a real priority"), so I added the comment that G11 and LX3 should be also still considered...

Regards,
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:47 PM   #79

eugenio-

I am essential only to my husband of 53 years. I take your comment as a put down. What I was attempting to convey to you, and I realize we have troubles at times due to the language barrier, is that I have faithfully answered many, many of your posts, and honestly we do not seem to be getting anywhere at all.

So, while I think you owe me an apology, I will just chalk it up to the language barrier, and just more onward. You, eugenio, have literally worn me out.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 30, 2010, 2:03 PM   #80

Since we've eliminated dSLRs quite early in the discussion, I think that, if there is anyone here whose advice you should take seriously, it's mtclimber's. If there's something that you don't understand about something she said, you can say so, and I'm certain she'll go into greater detail. Similarly, if you think she's taking you in a direction you don't think you want to go, you can state your concern, and I'm certain she'll explain her reasoning while also considering your position.

She is a tremendous resource. I think we're lucky that she spends as much time here as she does.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote