Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:25 PM   #11

ljlijash-

I have some real reservations about the Nikon P-100, based on my experience with the P-90. Personally I would shy away from the P-100 due to excessive noise.

Regarding the Fuji S-200EXR:I sold off my S-200EXR because I felt it focused inconsistently, and that the EXR system was far to complicated, requiring many small final adjustments for each photo.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
ljlijash-

I have some real reservations about the Nikon P-100, based on my experience with the P-90. Personally I would shy away from the P-100 due to excessive noise.

Regarding the Fuji S-200EXR:I sold off my S-200EXR because I felt it focused inconsistently, and that the EXR system was far to complicated, requiring many small final adjustments for each photo.

Sarah Joyce
So tht strikes out the p100 and s200exr from my list !! ....So left with the panny and sony again ....although out of my budget, how would you rate the Fuji HS10 against the FZ35 ?? If i were to stretch my budget and do manage to get the HS10, is it worth it ??

Also what about the Fuji s2500 ? Its the cheapest of the lot and on paper looks pretty good too ...
ljlijash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:26 PM   #13

ljlijash-

I see the Fuji S2500 as a decided step down in capability and image quality from the Fiji HS-10 and the Panasonic FZ-35.

As to the question regarding making a step up to the HS-10: I have very mixed feelings (you make be familiar with the problems my HS-10 presented for me, as I have documented extensively in the Fuji P+S folder, and I am still not convinced that it is consistently focusing properly). So, my advice would be to stay with the FZ-35/38, or wait for the FZ-35/38 replacement that is due out in Summer 2010.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:13 PM   #14

Quote:
ljlijash-

I see the Fuji S2500 as a decided step down in capability and image quality from the Fiji HS-10 and the Panasonic FZ-35.

As to the question regarding making a step up to the HS-10: I have very mixed feelings (you make be familiar with the problems my HS-10 presented for me, as I have documented extensively in the Fuji P+S folder, and I am still not convinced that it is consistently focusing properly). So, my advice would be to stay with the FZ-35/38, or wait for the FZ-35/38 replacement that is due out in Summer 2010.

Sarah Joyce
Oh, i didn't know that the panny is due for replacement. By summer , which month due you mean exactly??

And howz the H20 vs FZ35?

You really are helping me decide a big big deal !!! Hats off to this great forum 1!!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:30 PM   #15

ljlijash-

The current FZ-35/38 was introduced in mid June 2009, if I have calculated correctly. So we should look for a replacement in June or July 2010, if Panasonic adhere to their traditional introduction schedule.

The FZ-35 has more features, better image quality, and an EVF, which the Sony H-20 does not have. It is fairly easy to see, going through the specifications.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:27 AM   #16

Quote:
ljlijash-

The current FZ-35/38 was introduced in mid June 2009, if I have calculated correctly. So we should look for a replacement in June or July 2010, if Panasonic adhere to their traditional introduction schedule.

The FZ-35 has more features, better image quality, and an EVF, which the Sony H-20 does not have. It is fairly easy to see, going through the specifications.

Sarah Joyce
Well, that narrows it down completely to the panny !! Now all I have to decide is to wait for the next launch or go get one now itself !! ...

anyother, cams you would like me to take a look at ??
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:22 PM   #17

ljlijash-

No, you have stated the case quite clearly. The FZ-35/38 is clearly the better camera. The only decision is to buy now or to wait for the FZ-35/38's replacement this Summer 2010?

One thing to seriously consider is this: the FZ-35/38 is now at its historic lowest price, whereas the new replacement camera will initially sell at or nearly the full price set by Panasonic.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:43 PM   #18

Quote:
ljlijash-

No, you have stated the case quite clearly. The FZ-35/38 is clearly the better camera. The only decision is to buy now or to wait for the FZ-35/38's replacement this Summer 2010?

One thing to seriously consider is this: the FZ-35/38 is now at its historic lowest price, whereas the new replacement camera will initially sell at or nearly the full price set by Panasonic.

Sarah Joyce
I just enquired at the local panny dealer and they said the price hasn't been lowered ....it still is 29,000 INR !!!...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:02 AM   #19

ljlijash-

The FZ-35 is currently selling $(US)303.00 + $(US)11.00 for shipping in the USA.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:26 AM   #20

Quote:
ljlijash-

The FZ-35 is currently selling $(US)303.00 + $(US)11.00 for shipping in the USA.

Sarah Joyce
Is that the Company quoted proce or the one w/o warranty ??

That amounts converts to just 15,000 INR ....alomost half teh price here !!! Does it have international warranty too ?