Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 2, 2010, 8:54 AM   #21

thanks for all the replies...

now what about the Canon Powershot SX210IS ?

This is a very small camera with a 14x zoom.... been reading reviews, biggest complaint is the design (pop up flash) and how the flash interferes with the long zoom....

how would the full zoom picture quality compare on this camera to say the other superzooms like the Nikon P100 (26x) or the Canon SX20 (20x).
14x is still very good, but would it be as decent quality for sports/action compared to the bigger cameras?

It's the same price range, and fit's in a pocket, so small.... but hows the quality of the zoom?
raiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 9:42 AM   #22

raiderfan-

I am sorry to say that the pop-up flash is NOT the biggest complaint. It is the substantially reduced image quality that makes the image at 14x look like a water color painting. perhaps you were thing of the SX-200 canera, not the SX-210 camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 9:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
raiderfan-

I am sorry to say that the pop-up flash is NOT the biggest complaint. It is the substantially reduced image quality that makes the image at 14x look like a water color painting. perhaps you were thing of the SX-200 canera, not the SX-210 camera.

Sarah Joyce
oh, well they say where the pop up flash is that its annoying location (usually where your left finger would hold it).... but yes fixed it so u can actually push it down if u dont want it up....

so for a zoom camera this one sucks? water color painting? lol
raiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 10:38 AM   #24

raiderfan-

Please hold the phone! I was was just browsing over at www.dpreview.com and saw my first set of full zoom photos from the SX210 that included 100% crops as well, and they really looked impressive.

So perhaps we should not be too quick to judge that full zoom image quality based on professional reviews. I know that Steve had mentioned reduced image quality at full zoom. But those photo samples from SX-210 were pretty impressive, so I had to own up to my possible error. Perhaps they were taken with a tripod. That is also a possibility.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote