Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:28 AM   #111

Five-O

Yes, that is a little bonus with the I-Photo mode. In the proper circumstances it can be valuable.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 10:59 AM   #112

I'm looking for a small camera and shoot a lot of photos at concerts. Does anyone know or can speculate how the HX5V will do at concert shots? Or, will one of the other cameras mentioned in this thread do better. I currently have an Olympus Stylus 1010 and it isn't very good.
Ohmylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 11:02 AM   #113

ohmylord-

I personally have not used the Sony HX-5 for concert shots. But I have seen other postings where photos have been taken quite successfully at concerts. The HX5 retains it image quality up to ISO 1600. Naturally a lot depends on the lighting available at the concert you are shooting at.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 4, 2010, 8:03 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
ohmylord-

I personally have not used the Sony HX-5 for concert shots. But I have seen other postings where photos have been taken quite successfully at concerts. The HX5 retains it image quality up to ISO 1600. Naturally a lot depends on the lighting available at the concert you are shooting at.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah Joyce, will have a photo taken with two cameras to some red object (may be some embellishment) to the inside taken with flash in low light and macro? We are sorry, is that here in Argentina if you buy a camera, you can not return it likes. And I am very disappointed with T900 in these conditions (red eyes in flash inside a house), even my Nokia N900 takes better pictures in these conditions. Thank you very much
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 9:13 AM   #115

Ciro-

Look at post #33 in this thread and there you will find the photo that I specifically did for you.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 4, 2010, 10:04 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Ciro-

Look at post #33 in this thread and there you will find the photo that I specifically did for you.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks, I had passed, there is some way in the HX5V that will not leave so overexposed? Another thing, you see better image quality in hx5v in the TX7? Thanks
Old May 4, 2010, 11:14 AM   #117

OK, Ciro-

Please understand the photo on post #33 was part of a test. Due to up shooting a Macro Photo the HX-5's built-in Flash unit overexposed that photo. In a test we have to show the result, even if it is a test.

Therefore I just set-up a natural light red test just for you, personally, and here is the result. This macro photo is well exposed, so it should meet you requirements. Please tell us what you think, please.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old May 4, 2010, 12:27 PM   #118

Thank you for your kindness, not if it's my monitor but I notice more than anything behind the doll that "paper" stained red as overexposed as it looks. Can it be?
Old May 4, 2010, 3:22 PM   #119

Ciro-

No, that is not the case at all! The paper behind the plush toy is indeed also red. That is why I included in the photo to have two red objects to judge from in this case.

Here is a separate macro photo of the paper that was behind the toy, just in case you need an additional red test. This phot was also taken with the HX5 camera.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old May 4, 2010, 3:59 PM   #120

Ciro-

Use this photo as a "control image." It was taken with a Canon S-2. So this will alow you to compare Canon's red to Sony's red. I put the Canon lens cap on that same red Net Flicks paper that I photographed with the HX5 camera, so you can compare them.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images