Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 1, 2010, 2:14 PM   #1

Default Need serious help!!!

hi,
Im from Bangladesh and am a newcomer(or u can say stranger!!) to this dslr world.i have been thinking for few months about buying me a dslr.i started roaming around different sites to find myself the perfect camera.i stopped by this site and found that its admins and members are really helpful(i mean it).so guys pls help me choosing the right cam for me.
i chose the T2i(canon).but its really expensive.is it worth buying??
then i got introduced with nikon d90.its also expensive but doesnt do full HD.and both the cameras are almost identical in image output.(i guess,forgive me if im wrong).
at last im drooling over the pentax k-x.i like the low light performance(even at iso 6400).but i really dont like the small lcd and its low res.i also am confused whether aa batteries are good or bad.and the k-x doesnt confirm u when the auto focus points are locked.but despite of these cons im strongly considering the k-x.
so guys pls help this little fellow chosing his first dslr(as well as the first still camera,i own only a canon dc 40 dv corder).i really need that
NiNiKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2010, 2:23 PM   #2

oh and the k-x comes with two kit lenses (18-55 and 55-300 mm) and built in image stabilization.can this be a very big issue??
Old May 1, 2010, 2:34 PM   #3

All those cameras are very good, but they each have their strengths and weaknesses. What do you want to take photos of?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 2:59 PM   #4

thankx for the quick reply.umm actually im gonna take photos of every thing.but landscapes most of the times i guess.again there will be times i will be needing to take photos from moving car as i pass atleast 4hrs everyday in the car.i will also do wedding photography.vibrat color output will be a fact i guess as well as good low light performance
Old May 1, 2010, 3:29 PM   #5

If you want to check out how the pentax k-x high iso perform check out this thread.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ge...canon-t1i.html
Old May 1, 2010, 3:52 PM   #6

thankx.yeah i just checked out.both of the cams took great pics but pentax seemed a bit darker.why is that?in between as a pro which one of the two cams do u prefer?
Old May 1, 2010, 4:09 PM   #7

Not a pro, just someone who has shot SLR for almost 30 years. I am uses to the canon. The pentax is my brother. But I like the pentax. The no focus point lights do not bother me, as you can tell form the link I attach to this post.

The reason the pentax is dark is the firmware on how the camera judge exposure. I would shoot the pentax at +2/3 to lighten it up.

Here is a link of the K-x is some sorta action. With the kit 55-300mm lens.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/wi...birds-nyc.html
Old May 1, 2010, 4:15 PM   #8

NiNiKa-

Welcome to the Forum. We delighted that you dropped by.

Everyone seems to have their preferences in DSLR cameras. The Pentax Kx is attractively priced here in the USA. However, if you the fastest focus which is very important in sports photography Canon is the best for fast focus. So prefer the Nikon D-90 for it superior ability with controlling flash and for its high ISO capability.

That was why you were asked about the types of photo you will be taking. The more specific you are the better we can be at finding the correct DSLR for you. Please keep in mind that we are not just asking tivial questions. Our questions are very targeted.

You mentioned wedding photography, now that is specific and helpful. What percentage of your total photo do you estimate will be weddings??

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 10:52 AM   #9

if ur not a pro then what must one need to become a pro?? lol
umm can the firmware of k-x be updated??
another question is that,are the kit lenses good?? as the ones of nikon or canon??
one more quest,is the AWB of k-x [email protected]shoturtle
Old May 2, 2010, 11:01 AM   #10

hi sarah
thanks for ur warm welcome.im sorry i could not make myself clear.
i guess 20% of my photos will be of wedding.
and rest of the photos will be of landscapes,as i will travel to different places on my vacation,like beaches or hill tracks.
another fact is that i am going to use that camera as a daily life shooter.as i mentioned earlier,i have to stay in the car for a long time everyday(as my varsity is quite far away from my house).i want to capture everything interesting thats happening outside.so i need something that can take pictures from a moving car.
and two more important things about me..........my hands are not that much good for a steady shot.....and i have a special weakness for vibrant color.