Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 9, 2010, 4:28 AM   #21

Aaaah ... OK after writing about 1,000 words the page timed out and I lost them all. So all I'm going to do now is post the shot I promised taken late evening outside at a BBQ ! One of my wife's friend's children.

Pentax K7, Tamron SP AF 90 Di Macro, ISO3,200, F2.8, 1/8 sec, 0 ev, hand held, some PP.

Look into shake reduction in all brands and how that may or may not affect you Ishay before you make a decision. As a do-it-all camera the Kx would be my personal choice - especially for it's build quality, environmentally sealed (could be important for a student !), cheaper lenses and importantly it's shake reduction.

Good luck !
Kevin
Attached Images

Last edited by Frogfish; May 9, 2010 at 4:33 AM.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 7:38 AM   #22

Thanks for the advice.
Although money is a concern, I think that over the next months (or years) I'll be able to raise amounts for lenses, but I do need a strong base to run with. And from what i understood the T1i suits my needs better than the Kx.

I'm still interested in thoughts and advices about the warranty issue as mentioned a few posts ago, and I'd like your opinion about it. (No worries, I won't blame anyone about anything if something should go wrong, as the choice is eventually mine only.)(I'm just mentioning it because I have a feeling people avoid giving advices because of it. )
Ishay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 11:34 AM   #23

What an excellent , informative thread!!! I too am an novice looking to upgrade.
jmp2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 12:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp2204 View Post
What an excellent , informative thread!!! I too am an novice looking to upgrade.
Welcome to Steve's!

We aim to please, but perhaps your specific needs and concerns could be better met by starting your own topic, rather than piggybacking on this one. I look forward to reading it.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 12:55 PM   #25

Nothing out there will beat the canon in lens selection. I shoot the T1i, an I have a huge selection of canon lenses that fits my shooting needs. With the pentax, my brother is looking at some pentax and sigma lenses to meets his needs. Sigma actually makes some really good lenses, I am looking at getting a sigma 50-150 2.8 lens for my canon. As it is not to large of a lens like the 70-200 2.8 and would suite my action shooting needs with a zoom.

But is you are worry about a sports lens down the line the sigma 70-200 2.8 and 50-150 2.8 would meet most your needs. At around 700-800 dollars for sigma's, for a canon version of the 70-200 2.8 you will be looking at 1700 dollars.

But to correct a error. The K-x is not weather seal like the K7 and higher end pentax cameras.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Welcome to Steve's!

We aim to please, but perhaps your specific needs and concerns could be better met by starting your own topic, rather than piggybacking on this one. I look forward to reading it.
thank you ,LOL .i must have been typing a new topic when you posted this .
jmp2204 is offline   Reply With Quote