Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 7, 2010, 3:03 PM   #1

Default Best Superzoom with fastest continuous shooting?

I have decided on a super zoom, and I want the fastest continuous shooting I can get. I want to stay around $350. So far I think the Nikon P100 and the Sony HX1 are the fastest with the biggest zooms. But the question is which one? Also am I missing any others I should be considering?
flslattery@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2010, 3:30 PM   #2

flslattery-

Please forget the Nikon P-100. It has marginal image quality and a whole bunch of noise above ISO 400. IMHO the race is between the Sony HX-1 and the Panasonic FZ-35. Please don't find yourself caught up in paper specifications. User reports are much more valuable.

We have a very active group of FZ-35 users in the Panasonic P+S folder. Likewise, there is a thread and sample photos from the HX-1 in the Sony P+S folder. Either folders are an excellent source of information.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 3:49 PM   #3

That's kind of what I thought. Do you think the FZ35 can keep up to the HX1 in continuous burst speed?
flslattery@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 4:53 PM   #4

flslattery-

Why the special focus on continuous shooting speeds? The HX-1 actually has three Burst Speeds, the highest being 10 frames/second, as opposed to 2.3/second for the FZ-35. You you could have looked that up just as easily as me.

Where do you really want to go with this discussion? I own both the HX-1 and the FZ-35 and have lot of super zoom experience, as well as teaching multiple courses in Digital Photography for our State University and Community College. I just might be able to help you.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 8, 2010, 8:27 AM   #5

Does anyone know if Sony is releasing a replacement for the HX1 and if so when? Since it has been out for a year I don't want to buy it and find that the new model is out in the next 3 months. There are 3 reason I like it, 20x zoom, low light shooting and 10 frame second burst.
wrickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2010, 11:16 AM   #6

cross posting