Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
essawi-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

Thus far it seems like a proper evaluation depends on 5 factors with regard to the canon SX-210.

(1) If full 14X/392mm optical zoom is not going to be used much, that keeps the SX-210 in the consideration. You see the SX-210 does a very good jobat 12X/336mm optical zoom and less. However, at 14X/392mm it appears that things get dicey and image quality suffers.

(2) If the lens shadow appearing in the photos when shooting at full wide angle with the flash is not a consideration, then the SX-210 is still under consideration.

(3) If the still popping up, but now stow-able pop-up flash is not a bother, then the SX-210 is still under consideration.

(4) If the lack of a GPS add-on is not a factor for you, then the SX-210 is still under consideration.

(5) If you are not fascinated by pixel peeping your images at a 100% crop, then the SX-210 is still under consideration

Those are the 5 most mentioned complaints on the SX-210.

The ZS7/TZ10 has good reviews and image quality.

Sarah Joyce
you make me laugh. all you do is quote how good panasonic cameras are. someone asked the question what camera people thought was better, the canon sx210 is or the panasonic lumix tz10 and all you can do is wright negative thoughts about the canon, and not one sigle negative remark about the panasonic. what is the panasonic perfect ? no. all i have seen in your post/replies is panasonic this panasonic that. what do you work for panasonic or something. its laughable
soul-miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:28 PM   #12

Quote:
essawi-

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

Thus far it seems like a proper evaluation depends on 5 factors with regard to the canon SX-210.

(1) If full 14X/392mm optical zoom is not going to be used much, that keeps the SX-210 in the consideration. You see the SX-210 does a very good jobat 12X/336mm optical zoom and less. However, at 14X/392mm it appears that things get dicey and image quality suffers.

(2) If the lens shadow appearing in the photos when shooting at full wide angle with the flash is not a consideration, then the SX-210 is still under consideration.

(3) If the still popping up, but now stow-able pop-up flash is not a bother, then the SX-210 is still under consideration.

(4) If the lack of a GPS add-on is not a factor for you, then the SX-210 is still under consideration.

(5) If you are not fascinated by pixel peeping your images at a 100% crop, then the SX-210 is still under consideration

Those are the 5 most mentioned complaints on the SX-210.

The ZS7/TZ10 has good reviews and image quality.

Sarah Joyce
do you work for panasonic or something ? i have read quite a few of your replies and most stress how good you think panasonic cameras are.. ok so you give canon negative points and say The ZS7/TZ10 has good reviews and image quality. what about the negative points for the panasonic ? or is it a perfect camera ? NO !. and what about good reviews about the canon and good image quality ? they do excist you know. i cant beleive that you just put 5 negative points about canon then just say.... The ZS7/TZ10 has good reviews and image quality.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:32 PM   #13

Quote:
essawi-

The only camera that are good in a low light environment are the Canon S-90, the G-11, and DSLR cameras.

Sarah Joyce
oh is that so. ? i dont think so. considering the amount of cameras out there at a much higher quality.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:49 PM   #14

The SX210's lens is oft complained about by current owners which pretty much kills it for me. I am quite pleased with my ZS7. However, for low light pocket usage, I have a Canon S95.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:34 AM   #15
Super Moderator

how 'bout we resurrect old threads for no reason at all.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
how 'bout we resurrect old threads for no reason at all.
Well the same topics are posted over and over so it probably doesn't make much difference. j/k