Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 14, 2010, 3:50 PM   #21

lolllz!! wow rather tragic story for that french company...so sad...lol....thanks for sharing also thanks to shoturtle for clearing my doubts.thank u very much.i went to the mall today to see the 550d and play for a while with my going-to-be gf(really).they told me they have another package with different kit lens arrived just few days back.it comes with a 18-135mm kit lens.and the price difference is not that much.........so now im again in a bit confusion(pls dont get annoyed).i didnt place order today.can u tell me which one is the best??
and another quest is, i wanted to purchase a 50mm f\1.8.but i saw a lens which was 50mm f\2.5 and costs like three times of that f\1.8...what is that macro lens good for?? as a newcomer i really dont know alot about macro lenses and when they are used.can u friendly guys teach me a bit??
NiNiKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 3:59 PM   #22

The 2.5 does macro better then the 1.8. But the 1.8 like pretty much all canon lenses does macro at 1:3 or 1:2. I had both lenses, trade in the 2.5 for the 100mm 2.8. But the 2.5 is a good little macro lens. So if you shoot allot of low light, and macro is not as important get the 1.8, but if macro is a big thing get the 2.5.

The 18-135, actually would be a good walk around lens. If you are looking to keep thing light. I walk around with the 28-135 personally. 18 will give you a wider angle. Something my 28-135 is not good for.

The 18-135mm is not a very fast focusing lens. But it will give you better reach then the 18-55. But if you do need more reach, I would get a 2 lens kit with the 18-55 and 55-250 over the 1 lens of the 18-55.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:13 AM   #23

did u see!! the sony alpha nex5 and nex 3 have been released!!! wow....they came with such amazing features,like 3d panorama,full hd avhd video,sensors almost as big as as a dslr and aggressive pricing.....ive already odered my 550d but still want to discuss about these new cams for a while.anyone interested?? do u think sony did beat the olympus??
NiNiKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 6:17 AM   #24

See Sony Unveils New EVIL Alpha Models
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote