Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 14, 2010, 7:49 AM   #101

Of course I mean the color of the camera.
TwiceBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 8:11 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed View Post
Great. Thanks for your input shoturtle

First thing tomorrow morning, I will check the Costco store first to see if I can get a brand new one for $199 if not I guess my next move will be to buy that used camera at Adorama.

Once I have the camera, all I need is a mentor who can walk me through the basics I am starting to read up stuff on this forum tonight... Cuz I have no clue about anything other than point and shoot ) LOL
I've dealt with Adorama and B&H a LOT. I've purchased refurbs and used equipment from both. They tend to scrutinize their used equipment. If anything, they tend to overstate any blemishes. I got a used Oly SP570UZ from them that they said was in "Good" condition and when I got it, I was hard-pressed to find what the heck they found "wrong" with it. It turned out to be a very minor scratch near the tripod mount.

Not to push you but, I wouldn't procrastinate too long with the Adorama deal. As you've already seen, it's a popular camera and they don't sit around too long. Good luck.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 8:52 AM   #103

Great. Thank you very much for your post, gjtoth.
I have no intention of procrastinating on this issue. As soon as I drop the kids off at daycare, I am off to Costco and then if I can't find it there, I am calling the store and sealing this deal for this used camera ))
Old May 14, 2010, 9:00 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
I've dealt with Adorama and B&H a LOT. I've purchased refurbs and used equipment from both. They tend to scrutinize their used equipment. If anything, they tend to overstate any blemishes. I got a used Oly SP570UZ from them that they said was in "Good" condition and when I got it, I was hard-pressed to find what the heck they found "wrong" with it. It turned out to be a very minor scratch near the tripod mount.

Not to push you but, I wouldn't procrastinate too long with the Adorama deal. As you've already seen, it's a popular camera and they don't sit around too long. Good luck.
+1 even the used FZ35 Cameras I got off Amazon for $229 each were "new" cameras that had just been returned after someone realized it wasn't what they wanted...
Adorama I have bought several refurb Canon Lens from them and all work perfectly...
And all of these online stores take returns without question...they take pride in having satified customers Adorama and Amazon are tops on my list, but any of the top of the line stores are going to accommodate you on a return...

What I have found personally is pay $20-30 more at a reputable store and have an option for a return as with Ebay I can buy it cheaper but most list 7 day maximum for returns and a lot state exchange only!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 9:48 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
What I have found personally is pay $20-30 more at a reputable store and have an option for a return as with Ebay I can buy it cheaper but most list 7 day maximum for returns and a lot state exchange only!
I agree. And thanks for sharing your experience with Adorama. Thanks to you all I feel much more confident in getting this used camera.
Old May 14, 2010, 5:03 PM   #106

I bought the camera for $144 I can't wait to start taking pictures with it. It will be lots of fun. Again, thank you ALL for all your help.
Old May 14, 2010, 5:05 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed View Post
I bought the camera for $144 I can't wait to start taking pictures with it. It will be lots of fun. Again, thank you ALL for all your help.
You got a great price on that! Looking forward to seeing some images from it.

Congrats!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 5:48 PM   #108
Super Moderator

congrats, excellent price!
Old May 14, 2010, 6:40 PM   #109

Congratulations. Enjoy the camera!
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 8:07 PM   #110

Thank you
I will certainly post my first pictures as I am very interested to hear your C&C's on my pics.