Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 12, 2010, 4:51 PM   #31

Blessed-

I have dealt with Abe's and they are tough on returns.

Just a thought. Bradley and I raised 8 children, we understand photographing children very well. Do you know what? In all those years, we never needed continuous shooting.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 5:48 PM   #32

Their return policy appears to be the same to me. I have sent them an email and asked for more details. But I think their return policy is just about the same as Amazon.com
TwiceBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 5:49 PM   #33

I understand. Thanks for the insight Sarah.
Well you are obviously a pro to get the good shots, I am not Maybe that's why I am hoping that the continuous shot feature will help me a little bit
Old May 12, 2010, 5:50 PM   #34

amazon has the better policy. If amazon has a better or very close price I would go with amazon over abes without a second thought.
Old May 12, 2010, 6:08 PM   #35

Blessed-

Well it is back to packing for me. I have done my best. I think the budget rules here. I also think that the ZS1 is the better deal but that is just me.

Frankly, the Sony HX5, which I purchased at Abe's was a disappointment to me.

Best of luck. I will finish packing and get dinner going. I will check back later.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 12, 2010, 6:47 PM   #36

I know that I said I wanted to stay at $250 (with a maybe max of $300) But after some more reading, I think I will go with ZS7 which I have found at $306 with free shipping. It has everything that ZS3 has PLUS it has the higher continuous shooting rate which I have been after. It is a bit strech for my budget but considering this is the ONE time I will invest in a camera (I have no intentions to upgrade to DSLR) I think it would be worth investing in it.

Also I read that ZS3 has light streaking issue when shooting video but I guess ZS7 doesn't have that issue... Any comment on that??
Old May 12, 2010, 6:53 PM   #37

It is a ccd sensor issue. The ZS7 may have it too. The ZS7 is a good camera. Has allot of bells and whistle like gps tagging. But that just drains the battery quicker imho. I would go with ZS5, it is pretty much the zs7 without the gps. It is about 270 dollars.
Old May 12, 2010, 7:05 PM   #38

I agree! The ZS5 is the better value. The light streaking only occurs when you shoot directly into the sun or a bright light source. it is called lens flare. And yes, I had a zs7 (ordered from Amazon) and I returned it due the GPS battery drain. And yes, the return was totally hassle free.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 12, 2010, 7:10 PM   #39

With ZS5 I would be giving up the "AVCHD Lite" feature though... From what I understand that is a very good feature to have...

If it wasn't the bad reviews I read about that streaking issue on video for ZS3, I was actually pretty much sold on that model.

Is there anything that I can do to avoid having streaking on the video? What type of conditions if any does cause that problem or is it purely sensor issue like you said? Or is it that this type of sensor is prone to cause the problem under certain circumstances... maybe if I try to avoid those conditions, I might be fine...??? any thoughts on that?
Old May 12, 2010, 7:12 PM   #40

I have just seen your post Sarah (after my last reply)

So, is ZS3 better over ZS5 or visa versa? What am I loosing or gaining to pick ZS5 over ZS3?