Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 18, 2010, 2:09 PM   #11

LTZ470-- you have been so helpful. I am going to spend some time looking at prices and if it is ok with you, can I ask more questions if I need to? Thanks!
Alana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 2:25 PM   #12

Yes, fire away there are plenty more folks here much more versed than I Alana and someone will help you just like they have helped me...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 2:54 PM   #13

Oh, question that wasn't answered earlier-- What is the difference between the class 6 and 10 memory cards? I know the 10 would be faster, but is it worth it? Is it better to get two 8gb or one 16 or two 16gb? Only thinking of a 16 due to the video options.

Has anyone done business with 6 Ave? They are listed on Amazon and offering the camera for 315.83 with free ship.
Old May 18, 2010, 2:59 PM   #14

Noticed on another thread about getting a protective lens for the camera.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana View Post
Oh, question that wasn't answered earlier-- What is the difference between the class 6 and 10 memory cards? I know the 10 would be faster, but is it worth it? Is it better to get two 8gb or one 16 or two 16gb? Only thinking of a 16 due to the video options.

Has anyone done business with 6 Ave? They are listed on Amazon and offering the camera for 315.83 with free ship.
2 X 8Gb they are 1 hr+ Video each
Class 6 is plenty
Amazon will back you up with any of their vendors is what I have found, just insure it says "In Stock" so you don't have to wait a week for it to ship...if you do a Trial Prime Membership (Cancel prior to 30 days) you can get free Two-Day Shipping or $3.99 overnight shipping when you order it should also come up and give an estimate delivery date just after you place the order...
Old May 18, 2010, 5:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana View Post
Noticed on another thread about getting a protective lens for the camera.
Completely up to you I don't use them as on the FZ35 it retracts back inside itself when turned off...
Old May 18, 2010, 6:42 PM   #17

Thanks for all of your help. I went back to Amazon and ordered the adapter and micro lens. I will wait for the other, already spent enough today

When I get the camera and learn how to use it... I will post some pics. I will probably have questions about its use Which forum should I use for that; Panasonic?

Thanks again!

Alana
Old May 20, 2010, 3:25 AM   #18

This FZ35 sure sounds like a great camera - just a little concerned about its size. I have a PanyTZ3, which isn't so great in low light, so would like a better camera. Maybe I can overlook its size and deal with it because it's such a great camera. Have been considering Sony HX5/TS7, Pany ZS5/ZS7, Fuji70EXR, and CanonS90. All seem to have some shortcomings. Guess I can carry the old camera in my purse when the FZ35 is not convenient to lug. And maybe eventually get a new P&S for the purse that is still good but not so necessarily expensive? Like someone else has said -- too bad there's not a camera like the FZ35 that's smaller.
runner1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 9:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner1000 View Post
This FZ35 sure sounds like a great camera - just a little concerned about its size. I have a PanyTZ3, which isn't so great in low light, so would like a better camera. Maybe I can overlook its size and deal with it because it's such a great camera. Have been considering Sony HX5/TS7, Pany ZS5/ZS7, Fuji70EXR, and CanonS90. All seem to have some shortcomings. Guess I can carry the old camera in my purse when the FZ35 is not convenient to lug. And maybe eventually get a new P&S for the purse that is still good but not so necessarily expensive? Like someone else has said -- too bad there's not a camera like the FZ35 that's smaller.
For Low Light I have been told (By Advanced Photographers) that the Canon S90 (Small Pocket Camera) or the Canon G11 are the better camera's but the G11 is as large as the FZ35 just thinner...both of these only have a short zoom also I think the S90 is 3.8X and the G11 is 5X zoom...

I have a Ripoffs Holster ordered for the FZ35 which should work well and attach to a belt easily, but some one else also uses the EDIT 100 from Lowepro but it's a little large, but has extra storage on board. I have also a Cirrus TLZ5, I haven't used it, but the FZ35 is a tight fit in it almost too tight...

http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co179/co179ep.html#
http://products.lowepro.com/product/...Z-5,1915,8.htm
http://products.lowepro.com/product/Edit-100,1937.htm
Old May 20, 2010, 9:49 AM   #20

The Canon S90 was one of the first cameras that I was considering - great for low light and small but not excited about its zoom. FZ35 fulfills my criteria for the most part (just won't fit in my purse!) and for the price - sounds like a winner!

BTW: your macro shots are beautiful - so impressive what that camera can do!

Last edited by runner1000; May 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM.
runner1000 is offline   Reply With Quote