Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 21, 2010, 4:12 PM   #1

Default Sony Cyber-shot 350 or Canon SD 940

I am trying to decide between the sony cybershot 350 and canon sd 940. Like the HD video of both. Want as little lag time as possible. In looking at these 2 cameras it looks like the sony is faster on continuous shooting and the canon might power up quicker. What I am trying to figure out is if the flash is on which one will be faster between shots for example If I am in a mode and push the button and take a picture then immediately want to take another picture which one is faster (I think the 350 doesn't allow you to use flash in continuous mode. Is there something I can use to compare that lag time?
Also any strong opinions on which one to choose?
brookew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2010, 12:18 AM   #2

brookew-

Please keep in mind that while lot of folks want a pocket sized camera, that you will get reduced image quality in a smaller camera. It is less about speed (shot to shot times) and more about image quality that counts, at least for me in the final analysis.

A camera like the Panasonic FZ35/38 is going to provide better image quality and video quality. And yes, the FZ35/38 handily trumps the SX-20 in image quality and HD quality.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 7:38 AM   #3

Sarah Joyce
Thank you so much for answering. I have a canon slr I just need to replace my dead point and shoot to take with me on beach vacation, family outings, etc. We have 3 small children under 4 so I am always lugging a diaper bag and their gear. Sometimes my slr just doesn't make the cut on what to carry. I don't want to spend more than $200 or $250. Any suggestions? Thanks again.
brookew is offline   Reply With Quote