Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 24, 2010, 5:33 PM   #1

Default Fayyaz

I am looking for the best picture quality, megazoom camera hands down.Video recording is not a major consideration.I have read quite a few forums which have left me a little more confused.Whether to get the Pani fz35/38,Canon sx20is, sx1is,Olympus 800uz,epl-1,e-620,p-100,fuji hs-10,sony h-50 etc etc.Pl help out
Fayyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2010, 7:16 PM   #2

Fayaz-

In large measure, without any other information about the photos and the conditions under which you are shooting those photos, the Olympus E-620 or the Olympus EPL-1 would give you the best image quality.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 7:22 PM   #3

Out of all of them the E620 will give you the best AF performance, The EPL-1 will give you the best ISO performance for low light. Both have excellent Jpeg engines, so photos out of the camera are quite good, not to much editing is needed. They both have the same size sensor, that accounts for why they both will give you the best image quality. At least 4x larger then the rest of the cameras mention.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 4:44 PM   #4

Default Fayyaz

Thank U for the prompt advice Sarah Joyce and Senior member.I am sorry I couldnn't reply earlier since I was away.I actually had my mind set on FZ35.The SLR's I mentioned were there since they were in the less than $600 category,and I missed out on Nikon D3000.Could U please advise if I were to buy an advanced point and shoot with mega zoom(fz35,finepix HS10,sx1is,sx20is,u800,tz10 etc etc),what would b my best bet?
Fayyaz is offline   Reply With Quote