Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 29, 2010, 3:22 AM   #1

Default Which is the best Samsung PL70 or Samsung IT100

Hi, I have a Samsung NV24 HD, which I carry round for days out and school events, I know the photos aren't as good as some cameras out there but I like it for the 720p hd film, and as it gets used regularly I'd like to get another so that if it breaks I've a back up, I can't find the NV24 or it's big brother the NV100 HD in the shops and with a budget of around 90 never expected to see anything similar, but looking on ebay I've found 2 very similar cameras the PL70 and IT100, both seem to have the same 720p (complete with the sound cutting out when zooming like my NV24) they PL70 is refurbed and is 72.99 & p+p the IT100 is 79.99 for refurbed or 89.99 for new, both with p+p on top all the cameras are from the Argos clearance.

Basically I need a 720p hd H.264 camera, with a lithium battery (no AA's) amd with CCD, that's what put me off the Samsung U10 the CMOS. I had a look on the Samsung website and compared the 2 cameras this seems to be the only difference

IT100 1/2.33" (Approx. 1.09cm) CCD
PL70 1 / 2.3'' (Approx. 7.79mm) CCD

Does that make a difference? Any help, advice or possible alternatives under 90 would be appreciated

Last edited by Ibetnobodysgotthisusername; May 31, 2010 at 2:53 PM. Reason: bought a camera after all
Ibetnobodysgotthisusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2010, 2:53 PM   #2

I had to dig deep into my pockets but ended up with the Samsung WB500 instead, it's on offer at Argos so it was now or never.
Ibetnobodysgotthisusername is offline   Reply With Quote