Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostian View Post
LTZ470 the SD4000 no thanks, great image quality but pathetic zoom 3.8x and rubbish burst mode of just over 3 fps compared to 10x optical and 10 fps, and only 720p video, no thanks I'll take my HX5...
Thats why I have the ZS7 for outdoors and S90 for indoors...how much zoom you need for low light indoors? And like 5-O said the upper end of the HX5 lens is the rubbish which thou speak of....
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:06 AM   #32

hi, 5-0 is the only one who complains about the lens, I certainly have no issues with it, and neither do any of the reviews mention any concerns...
jostian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:33 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostian View Post
hi, 5-0 is the only one who complains about the lens, I certainly have no issues with it, and neither do any of the reviews mention any concerns...
Jostian I couldn't even get a good macro with it so focusing was an issue with HX5V for my part...thats why I asked someone to post some good macros taken with the HX5V I would like to know how it does honestly...
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:21 PM   #34

These threads are actually entertaining
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 3:36 PM   #35

HI LTZ check out the link for a few macros, the orchid are also pretty close. http://public.me.com/jostian
jostian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak View Post
These threads are actually entertaining
Yes they are...lol...very amusing to say the least...
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:45 AM   #37

talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It seems there are compromises required by every compact camera (which i find disappointing; you'd think by now somebody would've come out with alll the desirable details without the ridiculous major drawbacks)

anyway, i bought the sony hx5v after testing nearly every camera in its class. What's important to a Mom like me sharing over the web or making small print are color accuracy and exposure. These are the things I find it hard to correct in post-processing.
I take pictures of friends and family....and when I shop for a new camera and test lots of things, I feel I should stick my opinion out there whether it follows popular opinion or not. Don't shoot me, please!
keldunwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 9:09 AM   #38

Actually, color accuracy is one of the reasons why I find my HX5 frustrating. Often times (but not with any predictability), pictures with my HX5 have a strong yellow cast, especially those taken indoors with flash. It's to the point where my daughter, who is quite fair-skinned, looked at the pictures taken of her with the HX5 and said "Mommy, I look so tanned!"
opalmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:40 PM   #39

I'm really surprised to hear that your hx5 is making your daughter look "tan"'. My daughter is extremely fair-skinned, and it makes even the slightest color tinge very obvious in pictures, and i'm very pleased with my hx5 pictures. She is the primary reason inaccurate color is my pet peeve with cameras, because on fair skin, even the slightest color bias is so obvious. I hope I haven't made a mistake and find out that in the dead of winter, when she's lost the little bit of color she gained being in the pool all summer, the hx5 makes her look tan.

If you care to look at another camera, i liked the samsung hz30w and leaned more toward blues than yellows.
I take pictures of friends and family....and when I shop for a new camera and test lots of things, I feel I should stick my opinion out there whether it follows popular opinion or not. Don't shoot me, please!
keldunwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:19 PM   #40

keldunwoody and Opalmom-

Please keep in mind that those colors are easily adjusted in post processing. It the FREE Picasa Software from Google can handle the task.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote